FA:HORNBY R050 PRINCESS CLASS 4-6-2 - "PRINCESS ROYAL"

Old April 16th 08, 07:22 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.marketplace
Sue[_2_]

Default FA:HORNBY R050 PRINCESS CLASS 4-6-2 - "PRINCESS ROYAL"

http://hornbyauction.com/index.php?a...tem=1102817728
Old April 16th 08, 10:31 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.marketplace
David French[_2_]

"Sue" wrote in message ...
http://hornbyauction.com/index.php?a...tem=1102817728

That's a strange looking STAMP you have there!!

Old April 18th 08, 08:10 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.marketplace
David French[_2_]

http://hornbyauction.com/index.php?a...tem=1102817728

That's a strange looking STAMP you have there!!

Collateral material for SG1276 ...

Yay! Let's hear it for the Cornish Riviera!

It's been a while since I was 'up-close-&-personal'
with one of the real steam engines! I must make a
new plan for the summer break.....

David.

Old April 19th 08, 10:28 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.marketplace
David French[_2_]

http://hornbyauction.com/index.php?a...tem=1102817728

That's a strange looking STAMP you have there!!

Collateral material for SG1276 ...

Yay! Let's hear it for the Cornish Riviera!

It's been a while since I was 'up-close-&-personal'
with one of the real steam engines! I must make a
new plan for the summer break.....

David.

If you're US, look at the C&T.
www.cumbrestoltec.com

Windy Point's enough to take your breath away.

That's one impressive climb there! I am in the UK, and
the only line as dramatic that I can think of is the Mount
Snowdon area - Ffestiniog Railway, in Wales.

There are also some steep runs in Scotland.

Regards,

David.

Old April 20th 08, 09:02 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.marketplace
David French[_2_]

http://hornbyauction.com/index.php?a...tem=1102817728

That's a strange looking STAMP you have there!!

Collateral material for SG1276 ...

Yay! Let's hear it for the Cornish Riviera!

It's been a while since I was 'up-close-&-personal'
with one of the real steam engines! I must make a
new plan for the summer break.....

David.

If you're US, look at the C&T.
www.cumbrestoltec.com

Windy Point's enough to take your breath away.

That's one impressive climb there! I am in the UK, and
the only line as dramatic that I can think of is the Mount
Snowdon area - Ffestiniog Railway, in Wales.

There are also some steep runs in Scotland.

Regards,

David.

From the Fairlie's came my favourite Locomotive, the Beyer-Garratt Class
GMAM. I don't think one has ever graced a stamp, though it would probably
have to be a tryptich.

I come from a 'Railway Family' - my Uncle, Father & Grandfather all
worked for British Rail.

My Grandfather was a railwayman from the 1930's up to 1964. He
was one of the regular Drivers of the Green Arrow - a Gresley V2
class engine, British Rail Number 60800 (LNER 4771). It is the last
one left, out of 184 and is still working - thanks to the York Railway
Museum!

I have an original photograph taken in its maiden year (1936) with
my Grandfather looking out of the cab window, and many documents,
books and videos.

What a shame it has never been on a stamp!

Regards,

David.

Old April 22nd 08, 10:30 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.marketplace
David French[_2_]

http://hornbyauction.com/index.php?a...tem=1102817728

That's a strange looking STAMP you have there!!

Collateral material for SG1276 ...

Yay! Let's hear it for the Cornish Riviera!

It's been a while since I was 'up-close-&-personal'
with one of the real steam engines! I must make a
new plan for the summer break.....

David.

If you're US, look at the C&T.
www.cumbrestoltec.com

Windy Point's enough to take your breath away.

That's one impressive climb there! I am in the UK, and
the only line as dramatic that I can think of is the Mount
Snowdon area - Ffestiniog Railway, in Wales.

There are also some steep runs in Scotland.

Regards,

David.

From the Fairlie's came my favourite Locomotive, the Beyer-Garratt Class
GMAM. I don't think one has ever graced a stamp, though it would probably
have to be a tryptich.

I come from a 'Railway Family' - my Uncle, Father & Grandfather all
worked for British Rail.

My Grandfather was a railwayman from the 1930's up to 1964. He
was one of the regular Drivers of the Green Arrow - a Gresley V2
class engine, British Rail Number 60800 (LNER 4771). It is the last
one left, out of 184 and is still working - thanks to the York Railway
Museum!

I have an original photograph taken in its maiden year (1936) with
my Grandfather looking out of the cab window, and many documents,
books and videos.

What a shame it has never been on a stamp!

Supposed to be headed for a stamp, perhaps part of a series of 'preserveds'
is one of the Beyer-Garratts now in use on the Welsh Highland Railway. They
were 'rescued' from overseas and restored. The original WHR BG's were long
gone.

Perhaps the YRM could add some pressure for the Green Arrow's inclusion IF
the RM do make the 'Preserved Locomotive' series.

Sounds good to me, and they don't usually need much of an excuse to
issue more sets of stamps lately.... I remember when 2 or 3 sets a year
was the 'norm', now it's usually 10+!

David.