seeburg disco scm1

Old December 28th 06, 05:39 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
lewi125

Default seeburg disco scm1

Hi,recently i bought a seeburg disco smc1 but i`m having a few problems
with it,when its switched on the select-o-matic mechanism travels left
and right constantly without doing anything,not picking up any
selections,also the MCU display shows various numbers,sometimes nothing
is displayed,othertimes 8 in left hand side and 8 in the middle window
appear.I have replaced the mcu batteries but the machine was switched
off,do i need to re-programme the mcu ? or do i need to reset it ? I
have got a couple of manuals for it but not 1 for the mcu ! I don`t
really want to touch anything too much and end up in a worse case
scenario than i`m in now.The machine runs okay off the trip
switch,solenoid manually,can anyone help please ? Many thanks

Old December 30th 06, 12:57 AM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
darrenbarker

lewi125 wrote:
Hi,recently i bought a seeburg disco smc1 but i`m having a few problems
with it,when its switched on the select-o-matic mechanism travels left
and right constantly without doing anything,not picking up any
selections,also the MCU display shows various numbers,sometimes nothing
is displayed,othertimes 8 in left hand side and 8 in the middle window
appear.I have replaced the mcu batteries but the machine was switched
off,do i need to re-programme the mcu ? or do i need to reset it ? I
have got a couple of manuals for it but not 1 for the mcu ! I don`t
really want to touch anything too much and end up in a worse case
scenario than i`m in now.The machine runs okay off the trip
switch,solenoid manually,can anyone help please ? Many thanks

Hi there,
I have a SMC 2, I believe, but no manual. However, when I acquired it,
mine was doing the same thing. It turned out the motor was fried, which
I don't think had anything to do with it. However, after having the
motor rebuilt and replacing the batteries, the numbers went back to
normal. Once and awhile I still get the '8888' but either pushing the
credit button or turning it off and back on seems to fix it.
Sorry I couldn't be of more help, I'd just make sure you've got some
good batteries in there....

Darren Barker
Old December 31st 06, 03:39 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
lewi125

Hi,i`ve put new batteries in but still no joy,theres` nothing on the
display but there is an 18 pin plug on the mcu,and 4 of the wires have
popped out + i`m not sure where they go ! do you know which colours go
where ? any chance you could have a look on yours please ? Also how did
you get your motor repaired ? and lastly would you like us to photocopy
the manuals for you,Thanks

Old December 31st 06, 06:57 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
[email protected]

lewi125 wrote:
Hi,recently i bought a seeburg disco smc1 but i`m having a few problems
with it,when its switched on the select-o-matic mechanism travels left
and right constantly without doing anything,not picking up any
selections,also the MCU display shows various numbers,sometimes nothing
is displayed,othertimes 8 in left hand side and 8 in the middle window
appear.I have replaced the mcu batteries but the machine was switched
off,do i need to re-programme the mcu ? or do i need to reset it ? I
have got a couple of manuals for it but not 1 for the mcu ! I don`t
really want to touch anything too much and end up in a worse case
scenario than i`m in now.The machine runs okay off the trip
switch,solenoid manually,can anyone help please ? Many thanks

Hi lewi125,

Your tormat pulse amplifier may be the problem. Is your pulse
amplifier solid-state, of does it contain tubes? Have you looked for
the obvious, such as loose connectors, leaky or dried out electrolytic
capactors (they always fail with excessive age) , Or DC voltages that
are "out of the ball park" ?

Konnect2

Old December 31st 06, 08:02 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
lewi125

it was working ok there was a problem with the pick up arm i checked
the connections and some of the cables broke off the 18 pin connector
an electrician soldered tails onto the pins and connected the cables
back into connector blocks im not sure whether they are correct and
possibly done damage any suggestions the cables came off the mcu board
thanks

Old January 1st 07, 12:23 AM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
Ken Layton

Try this site:

http://home.pacbell.net/fmillera/

Old January 1st 07, 11:15 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
John Robertson

On 2006-12-31 12:02:39 -0800, "lewi125" said:

it was working ok there was a problem with the pick up arm i checked
the connections and some of the cables broke off the 18 pin connector
an electrician soldered tails onto the pins and connected the cables
back into connector blocks im not sure whether they are correct and
possibly done damage any suggestions the cables came off the mcu board
thanks

OK, this bit of information is REALLY important!

The only way to fix this correctly will be to compare the repaired plug
wiring to the schematic and if there are errors these need to be
analyzed to see if they are minor or significant.

For example, mixing signal lines is minor, but exchanging DC power
lines is significant! The former can be returned easily, the latter
needs to check the components downstream to see if they are damaged -
look for tops/chunks blown off of ICs for example...

Only then can you try to figure out what has happened but you are
wasting everyones time until you find out if the machine is even wired
correctly!

John :-#)#

--
(Please post followups or tech enquires to the newsgroup) John's
Jukes Ltd. 2343 Main St., Vancouver, BC, Canada V5T 3C9 Call

Old January 4th 07, 12:58 AM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
darrenbarker

Hey there!
Did you get this figured out? I do in fact have an SMC1 Seeburg Disco.
If you haven't had any luck let me know and I'll pop it open and take
a look at the connections for you.
I took my motor to the ONE place in all of the city that didn't laugh at
me when I asked about it. Cost about 320.00 CDN.
Whatever manuals you have would certainly be great, but I guess no real
use unless they were for the SMC or the MCU right?
Thanks

darren

Seeburg Disco darrenbarker Juke Boxes 2 December 19th 06 11:53 PM
FS: AMI Continental 2, Seeburg C, Seeburg J, 1650 Wurlitzer Lloyd Thoburn Juke Boxes 0 March 18th 04 11:47 PM
Model Seeburg Disco 160 problem Chips4sle Juke Boxes 5 January 3rd 04 05:22 PM
Seeburg >Technical Help Needed< - Please- McDuseldick Juke Boxes 1 January 3rd 04 05:15 PM
Wurlitzer and Seeburg domain take over stuorto Juke Boxes 1 September 13th 03 06:57 PM