$1 US coin

Old July 13th 09, 05:41 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
[email protected]

Default $1 US coin

When did they start making a Saqa with out a date?
The reverse has a person planting corn.

Thanks,

Doris
Old July 13th 09, 06:40 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
PC[_7_]

Just this year. It's part of a new Native Americans series. The
date and mintmark are on the edge. I believe they will continue
making the Sac alongside it for a few years.

I was a bit off. Here's the story:

http://nativeamericandollars.com/

There goes that Mr. Jaggers again spreading DANGEROUS misinformation.

;-)

Old July 13th 09, 06:49 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Mr. Jaggers

PC wrote:

Just this year. It's part of a new Native Americans series. The
date and mintmark are on the edge. I believe they will continue
making the Sac alongside it for a few years.

I was a bit off. Here's the story:

http://nativeamericandollars.com/

There goes that Mr. Jaggers again spreading DANGEROUS misinformation.

Yep, guilty as charged. Hey, I wonder if I could get a book deal. Let's
see, Jaggers' Complete Compendium of Numismatic Fabrication, Exaggeration,
Prevarication, and Just Plain Old Making Stuff Up, 1793-2010, a Lifetime of
Misinformation from the Council of Obfuscators and Outright Liars (COOL).
I'll work on whittling that title down to size.

Will you write the foreword? Or should I just call it the Forward, as so
many do, just to aggravate the reviewers?

James the Author

Old July 14th 09, 05:59 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Dave Allured[_3_]

shreadvector wrote:

On Jul 13, 10:49 am, "Mr. Jaggers" lugburzman[at]yahoo[dot]com
wrote:
PC wrote:

Just this year. It's part of a new Native Americans series. The
date and mintmark are on the edge. I believe they will continue
making the Sac alongside it for a few years.

I was a bit off. Here's the story:

http://nativeamericandollars.com/

There goes that Mr. Jaggers again spreading DANGEROUS misinformation.

Yep, guilty as charged. Hey, I wonder if I could get a book deal. Let's
see, Jaggers' Complete Compendium of Numismatic Fabrication, Exaggeration,
Prevarication, and Just Plain Old Making Stuff Up, 1793-2010, a Lifetime of
Misinformation from the Council of Obfuscators and Outright Liars (COOL).
I'll work on whittling that title down to size.

Will you write the foreword? Or should I just call it the Forward, as so
many do, just to aggravate the reviewers?

James the Author

That was funny.

Last week one of my 2 bank boxes of dollar coins was all mint rolls of
2009 NA (Native American).

This week both bank boxes were pure mint rolls . First was 2009NA and
the second was pure mint rolls of Andrew Jackson Prexibux. I guess I
won't have to spend any time sorting out the Susies this week.

That's interesting. This is the first I have heard of 2009 NA's
available *anywhere* through banks. The Federal Reserve does not even
mention them on their new coin website, even though all the other 2009
circulating commemoratives are listed.

http://www.frbservices.org/operation.../new_coin.html

--Dave
Old July 15th 09, 01:51 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Michael G. Koerner

wrote:
PC wrote:
[...]

2009-D Sacs are flowing out as change from the toll machines in Appleton's
downtown parking ramps, too.

:-)

BTW, according to the USMint's website
http://www.usmint.gov/about_the_mint... 009#starthere
nearly as many dollars have been struck so far this year (at least as of the
end of June) as have quarters - 293.58M vs 366.12M.

--
___________________________________________ ____ _______________
Regards, | |\ ____
Michael G. Koerner May they | | | | | | rise again!
Appleton, Wisconsin USA | | | | | |
___________________________________________ | | | | | | _______________

Old July 20th 09, 02:37 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
PC[_7_]

"shreadvector" wrote in message

I have a theory....thayt many people are ordering them using the
'direct ship' program at face value with zero shipping.

Speaking of which we only have Jackson available from 2008 and no of the
2009 offerings. When will those become available? I have ordered my max of
every 2007, 2008, and Sac offering.

Old July 20th 09, 03:49 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
shreadvector

On Jul 20, 6:37*am, "PC" wrote:
"shreadvector" wrote in message

I have a theory....thayt many people are ordering them using the
'direct ship' program at face value with zero shipping.

Speaking of which we only have Jackson available from 2008 and no of the
2009 offerings. *When will those become available? *I have ordered my max of
every 2007, 2008, and Sac offering.

IIRC, the maximum is per order. You can order again later. I think I
did that with some of the Prexibux. I have not hit the limit for the NA
$ since it is pretty high. I ordered 500 first and then 2000 later
when I found out the limit was much higher. Then I started getting
them at my bank, so I have not needed to order more. I probably will
at some point.

Here are some links to the Fed Flash newsletter and dollar coin
release and ordering date info:
http://www.frbservices.org/fedflash/...s_0709_02.html

http://www.frbservices.org/operation...sidential.html