Any RCC folks in San Antonio?

Old July 4th 04, 02:06 AM
Larry Louks

Default Any RCC folks in San Antonio?

After having lived here in Oregon for nine years, we're soon going to be
moving. My employer called me in last week, informed me and two of my
colleagues that things are being reorganized, and that the three of us are
out the door.

As for me and my house, most of our family members live in and around San
Antone, with others over in the Houston area. We'll likely be looking for a
place in one or the other. At this point, I'm more inclined to head for S.A.
and just wondered if any of you are from that area...

Larry
'the guy whose coin budget just plummeted to zero'

Old July 4th 04, 02:15 AM
Tim Irvin

In article lKIFc.4242$JR4.819@attbi_s54, Larry Louks
wrote:

After having lived here in Oregon for nine years, we're soon going to be
moving. My employer called me in last week, informed me and two of my
colleagues that things are being reorganized, and that the three of us are
out the door.

As for me and my house, most of our family members live in and around San
Antone, with others over in the Houston area. We'll likely be looking for a
place in one or the other. At this point, I'm more inclined to head for S.A.
and just wondered if any of you are from that area...

Well, I'm in Houston, but that's 2.5 hours away down I-10...

--
Tim Irvin, ::: ANA R-167586

"Trouble no one about their religion; respect others in their view, and
demand that they respect yours...Abuse no one and nothing, for abuse
turns the wise ones to fools and robs the spirit of its vision."
-- Tecumseh (1768-1813), Shawnee chief and statesman
Old July 4th 04, 02:22 AM
Larry Louks

"Tim Irvin" wrote:
Well, I'm in Houston, but that's 2.5 hours away down I-10...

We've lived in both Pasadena and in La Porte in years past, so I know where
you are, Tim. We have a daughter and family in Missouri City, a son and
family in Lake Jackson, and another daughter and family near San Antonio. So
we'll end up settling down there somewhere in that neck of the woods.
Perhaps we can meet at a coin show down there somewhere in the
not-too-distant future. Will see how it goes...

Larry

Old July 4th 04, 02:31 AM
PJZ

Larry - I'm in San Antonio. It's a BEAUTIFUL city as I'm sure you know.
Get's my vote over Houston (no offence to Houston people). I'm originally
from upstate New York but very much appreciate the weather and culture of
San Antonio, it is truly unique. We have a beautiful Hill Country and great
Tex-Mex food. Doesn't hurt that it is also home of the 2 time NBA champion
Spurs and the frequent host of the NCAA Final Four - Next event in 2008.

Pete Z

Old July 4th 04, 02:44 AM
Larry Louks

"PJZ" wrote in message
Larry - I'm in San Antonio. It's a BEAUTIFUL city as I'm sure you know.
Get's my vote over Houston (no offence to Houston people). I'm originally
from upstate New York but very much appreciate the weather and culture of
San Antonio, it is truly unique. We have a beautiful Hill Country and

great
Tex-Mex food. Doesn't hurt that it is also home of the 2 time NBA

champion
Spurs and the frequent host of the NCAA Final Four - Next event in 2008.

Hi Pete,

Oh, yeah! We used to live in Somerset, and also in Medina for a while. We do
indeed love the beautiful Hill Country there, and I have sure missed the
bluebonnets and Indian paint brushes in the years that we've been here in
Oregon. As to good Tex-Mex food, "Papacito's" there in San Antone is one of
my favorite all time watering holes! If I'm ever anywhere in that area, I
always work it so that I can go to Papacito's and scarf up on some of that
jalapeño sausage! Mercy! It probably violates some sort of state ordinance
for anything to taste that good!

Larry
'ready for some South in my mouth!'

Old July 4th 04, 02:48 AM
Tim Irvin

In article , PJZ
wrote:

Larry - I'm in San Antonio. It's a BEAUTIFUL city as I'm sure you know.

We went to San Antonio last summer for a day or two, and we loved it.
If I could transfer there, I'd do it in a minute.

Get's my vote over Houston (no offence to Houston people).

No offense taken. I lived in San Jose until May 2003, and I took a job
transfer here last year. I miss that weather, but the cost of living
difference is great! Houston is hot an humid as hell, but the people
are so much friendlier than I ever met in California.

I'm working on finishing some collections that I couldn't even THINK
about completing with a California cost of living. So it ain't all
bad, even with a summer heat index of 105 and all... :-)

--
Tim Irvin,

Old July 4th 04, 03:23 AM
Stujoe

Larry Louks spoke thusly...
After having lived here in Oregon for nine years, we're soon going to be
moving. My employer called me in last week, informed me and two of my
colleagues that things are being reorganized, and that the three of us are
out the door.

As for me and my house, most of our family members live in and around San
Antone, with others over in the Houston area. We'll likely be looking for a
place in one or the other. At this point, I'm more inclined to head for S.A.
and just wondered if any of you are from that area...

I lived in SA for about 4.5 years. A little more crime that this
smaller town midwestern boy was used to (or would care for). It was my
first encounter with 'gated communities'. I was glad when we moved on
base because a military paycheck doesn't allow you to live in the higher
rent districts.

Not a bad place to live, though, if you stay in the right areas. Quite a
few things for families to do from Sea World to water parks and
amusement parks, etc. I found the hill country and the surrounding areas
nice too.

--
Stujoe
Old July 4th 04, 03:45 AM
Numismatist

As to good Tex-Mex food, "Papacito's" there in San Antone is one of
my favorite all time watering holes

I like "The Jailhouse" in SA...and those Texas sized cinnamon rolls!
Oh, dammit! That was before I got diabetes! Well, the memory is still sweet!
8-)

Old July 4th 04, 03:55 AM
Larry Louks

"Numismatist" wrote:
I like "The Jailhouse" in SA...and those Texas sized cinnamon rolls!

I thought maybe you were kidding me about those "Texas sized" goodies, but I
see that you weren't:

http://tinyurl.com/yvyom

I'm not really one who eats a lot of such as that, but my wife enjoys
cinnamon rolls. Maybe we'll be able to grab one of them soon, and I'll let
ya know what we think of them!

Larry

Old July 5th 04, 02:36 PM
Nohope587

Stafford Texas Just outside of Houston here.
I would agree with your choice of SA over Houston though.

--
Richard Barnes

www.mycoins.us
WINS#366