any good card collecting sites/forums/blogs etc...?

Old October 12th 05, 06:02 PM
Nickname!

Default any good card collecting sites/forums/blogs etc...?

Can anyone point me to good baseball card sites or forums aimed at
collectors? Preferably free and preferably aimed more at trading than
selling. I'm having a hard time finding anything like that.

I have found this
http://www.sportscardfun.com/board/baseball.aspx
but paying 36 dollars a year to use forums seems ridiculous. Any help
is appreciated.

THanks!

Old October 12th 05, 10:07 PM
Scott

Try this one, I've been a member for years, it's moderated & it's free:
http://sportscardsheriff.com/forums/index.php
Not sure about baseball, but the hockey group's great!

Scott out.

ups.com...

Old October 12th 05, 10:32 PM
Scott Henrichs

Nickname! wrote:
Can anyone point me to good baseball card sites or forums aimed at
collectors? Preferably free and preferably aimed more at trading than
selling. I'm having a hard time finding anything like that.

I have found this
http://www.sportscardfun.com/board/baseball.aspx
but paying 36 dollars a year to use forums seems ridiculous. Any help
is appreciated.

THanks!

www.beckett.com

Go to the Message Boards link at the top. Very active board for card
collecting of any sport. Both discussion boards and trade boards.
Old October 15th 05, 08:56 PM
Bob @ TCC

Give our Collector Zone a try and see what you think.

It's a free community for trading card collectors - both sports and
non-sports. There are forums for all of the major sports, non-sports,
autographs and other hobby-related information. In addition, there are
areas to trade, buy and sell with other collectors. We also have the
ability for you to create your own blog.

Simply visit:

http://www.tradingcardcentral.com/forums/

-Bob
TradingCardCentral.com

Old October 28th 05, 10:27 PM
Robert Torba, Jr

"Nickname!" wrote in message
ups.com...
Can anyone point me to good baseball card sites or forums aimed at
collectors? Preferably free and preferably aimed more at trading than
selling. I'm having a hard time finding anything like that.

I have found this
http://www.sportscardfun.com/board/baseball.aspx
but paying 36 dollars a year to use forums seems ridiculous. Any help
is appreciated.

THanks!

Here's a few sites I'm a member of:

http://www.teamsr.net/bob THE BENCH
-- Currently the most active BASEBALL card trading site around; a good place
for traditional set builders, player collectors, box breaks, a brand new
chat room, an exclusive Trader Feedback system and helpful Trade Manager
program.

http://www.hobbyinsider.net/forum/in...?referrerid=16 Hobby Insider.net
--well organized with a strong core of members geared toward basketball and
hockey.

http://sportscardsheriff.com/forums/...hp?referid=969
SportsCardSheriff.com
--- There's a nice balance of baseball, football, hockey and basketball
activity. It can be a little confusing to navigate around all the various
sub-category forums.

http://www.rustysoaptraders.com/foru...&referrerid=15
RustySoapTraders
-- Well organized. very experienced moderators, not a bunch of kids
running this site. Activity is a bit slow.

http://www.thecardboardvillage.com/ Cardboard Village
-- There off to a fast start with an excellent group of members and
experienced moderators. There's not a whole lot of set builders here, but
you'll find plenty of high end wheelin' n' dealin'

oldest, most respected online trading groups. Well experienced, veteran
sportscard collectors. Excellent for set builders, vintage and UV.

http://www.hoopscollector.com/forum/...referrerid=656
HoopsCollector.com-
--well organized forums, mostly geared toward basketball traders here.

http://www.sportscardforum.com/index.php?referrerid=406 SportsCard Forum
-- Under new management. If you're 13-to-19 yrs. old this is perfect for
you. Too many youngsters here for me.

http://hobbyclix.com/pm/click.php?APID=72&affID=0000041
TradingCardCentral.com
-- Fairly new and growing quickly.

http://www.cardtradingfools.com/forums/ CardTradingFools.com
--the message board format is outdated and a bit tedious to navigate; it's
relatively dead compared to other message boards.

http://www.sportscardfun.com/ SportsCardFun.com
--subscription rates apply!!! At one time, this was THE place to trade
cards, but has quickly taken a backseat to more popular sites, such as The
Bench and HobbyInsider. On top of subscription rates, the message postings
are delayed for moderator approval, thus severely slowing down trading.

http://www.cardedge.com/ceforums/active.asp CardEdge.com
-- DOA.

http://www.sportscardisland.com/foru...referrerid=225
SportsCardIsland.com
- too many kiddies, no comment.

http://www.beckett.com/iforum/default.asp Beckett.com
- not very well organized, the message board software is ancient and needs
to be updated badly.
MODs do not assist with trade agreements. There is no feedback system.

--
Bob Torba, Jr.
http://www.geocities.com/nyjeterfan