Restockimg fee

Old January 23rd 09, 05:24 PM posted to rec.collecting.books
Bill[_2_]

Default Restockimg fee

On Jan 23, 8:50*am, "Francis A. Miniter"
wrote:
James Weston wrote:
"Bill" wrote in Good point. *I was wondering
if the chap was unusually stupid or simply was possessed of a puerile sense
of humor.

eBay has implemented a flawed system which allows malicious buyers to leave
negative feedback without fear of retaliation. *A system which allow buyers
to not pay for merchandise without fear of consequences. *And lastly, to use
PayPal to keep the merchandise and then get their money back through
chargebacks. *I am simply exploiting those flaws to my full advantage. *It's
a brave new world for buyers on eBay. *Shop victoriously and neg
victoriously!
* *That the purpose of my folly is lost on you, isn't surprising. *You
probably need a magic marker arrow on your wife's belly pointing down just
to figure out where her pussy is, and giant signs on the wall just to find
your own bathroom.

Now that you have made a confession to the crime of fraud,
all a seller has to do is use Google Groups to find the
statement and you go to jail. *And while you may be able to
withdraw your own post, you cannot withdraw this one.

Maybe he could plead insanity. After all, his approach was
totally nutty. He's got a beef with Ebay, so he takes it out
on conscientious merchants! Brilliant. That's the sort of
non-thinking which causes much of the trouble in society.

"Fools are the worst thieves; they rob of time and
temper." --Goethe

[Memo from the upstairs office.]

--
Francis A. Miniter

ως *ουκ *αν *αιων' *εκμαθοις *βροτων, πριν *αν
θανη *τις, ουτε ει χρηστος ουτ’ ει τω *κακος..- Hide quoted text -

Old January 25th 09, 01:26 PM posted to rec.collecting.books
RWF

"Francis A. Miniter" wrote in message

Now that you have made a confession to the crime of fraud, all a
seller has to do is use Google Groups to find the statement and you go
to jail. And while you may be able to withdraw your own post, you
cannot withdraw this one.

Francis, do you honestly believe that troll is using his real name?
Please killfile him and stop encouraging him.

Old January 31st 09, 09:33 AM posted to rec.collecting.books
Bill[_2_]

On Jan 25, 5:26*am, "RWF" wrote:
"Francis A. Miniter" wrote in ...

Now that you have made a confession to the crime of fraud, all a
seller has to do is use Google Groups to find the statement and you go
to jail. *And while you may be able to withdraw your own post, you
cannot withdraw this one.

Francis, do you honestly believe that troll is using his real name?
Please killfile him and stop encouraging him.

I think Francis is far ahead of you. With regard to your
power of understanding, you put one in mind of old
Pew, grasping around in a frenzy outside the tavern in
TREASURE ISLAND. . It seems to me that Francis is
trying to help maintain some. semblance of propriety in a
public forum by denouncing a bad idea, a quite vicious idea,
in fact. None of us (except the entity in question) likely
know who the poster is,but it is refreshing that someone
recognizes WHAT he is. There is a great deal of wisdom
in this time-honored saying, "Crooked sticks make crooked
shadows". The reason that we see so many crooked
shadows in the newsgroups is that there far too many
crooked sticks sitting idly at their keyboards.. I rest
my case.:

[Memo from the upstairs office.]

Old February 20th 09, 10:40 PM posted to rec.collecting.books
J[_2_]

On Jan 22, 12:57�am, Bill wrote:

By the way, when I responded in my earlier post, I did
not address "restocking fees" themselves. � My own
view is that a restocking fee is little more than an
important-sounding term for picking someone's pocket.
Basically, it is a case of book sellers doing what
credit card companies, banks, and a great many
other other entities do in our society: �invent high-
falootin'' ways of nibbling (and in some case
chomping) on a customer's bank account. � There
are a great many fine booksellers who have gotten
along fine by never charging a customer anything
as annoying, officious, and ridiculous as a
"restocking fee."

Thanks for that; my opinion as well. The case I'm about to start
fighting is an eBay seller, so of course I can expect no help from
them. It will cost me the original postage and return postage--I think
that's enough for me to pay...