(RCSD) SMOM Update

Old July 15th 09, 07:47 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Blair (TC)

Default (RCSD) SMOM Update

Just a quick note to inform readers that the SMOM (Knights of Malta)
now issue their stamps denominated in Euros.

I guess this brings an end to their issues denominated in the old
and somewhat complex SMOM currency (scudi, tari, grani etc...).

http://www.kosel.com/xpi/sh/m/mb0902s1.jpg

Blair

Old July 15th 09, 08:26 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Milco

On Jul 15, 9:47*pm, "Blair (TC)" wrote:
Just a quick note to inform readers that the SMOM (Knights of Malta)
now issue their stamps denominated in Euros.

I guess this brings an end to their issues denominated in the old
and somewhat complex SMOM currency (scudi, tari, grani etc...).

http://www.kosel.com/xpi/sh/m/mb0902s1.jpg

Blair

This is something that made me mad - how people, countries and
politicians can "throw out" root of his own?

Whisch kind of Euro? Euro will give some "identity" to Great Britain?
To make what in future to our grand sons? I know that my grandpa have
Serbian Dinar, slovakian Krone, or german Mark - today I will say
what? Someone say Euro - this will be "history marker" to our future
generation - no, thank.

Old July 16th 09, 01:52 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
rodney

A tad prickly this morning Milco?

People do not seem to adapt to change, nor do they seem to want
to remain stagnant? what are we to do?
Perhaps, as someone once said, just "let it be"

I remember a 70's rock group, "The Blue Mink" had a resolution to
people not having the ability to celebrate differences in skin colour.
They suggested we all make love, and "turn out coffee coloured people by
the score"

A great song and melody, but the suggestion does not appeal to me.

Old July 16th 09, 02:30 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Rodney

Some of the old SMOM catalogue....
http://cjoint.com/data/hqdBIIRS0N.htm

"Blair (TC)"

Old July 16th 09, 02:45 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
rodney

In 1975, the designer of this stamp for International Womens year
met with scathing criticism for her design.
http://cjoint.com/data/hqdODOIlsm.htm

One could be excused for finding a striking similarity to this SMOM stamp
for international refugees (which on 90% of refugee issues shows an Oak tree
and roots)
http://cjoint.com/data/hqdR1FGB7S.htm

Old July 16th 09, 02:04 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Ralphael1

On Jul 15, 2:47*pm, "Blair (TC)" wrote:
Just a quick note to inform readers that the SMOM (Knights of Malta)
now issue their stamps denominated in Euros.

I guess this brings an end to their issues denominated in the old
and somewhat complex SMOM currency (scudi, tari, grani etc...).

http://www.kosel.com/xpi/sh/m/mb0902s1.jpg

Blair

All well and good Blair....but, where can one buy SMOM stamps?
The SMOM stamps are in the same category as some of those Grenadine
Island stamps: Not listed in Scott stamp catalog, not listed by my
many supply sources and unavailable from their local "post offices".
The SMOM stamps are not recognized as postage by many nations.
Yes, I know Scott is not the only stamp catalog, however in my case it
is.

Ralph
Old July 16th 09, 05:29 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Victor Manta

"Milco" wrote in message

This is something that made me mad - how people, countries and
politicians can "throw out" root of his own?

Whisch kind of Euro? Euro will give some "identity" to Great Britain?
To make what in future to our grand sons? I know that my grandpa have
Serbian Dinar, slovakian Krone, or german Mark - today I will say
what? Someone say Euro - this will be "history marker" to our future
generation - no, thank.

No reasons to get mad for such a thing.

Not only that the value, design, paper and form permanently changed for
these so called "roots", but even the name of the used currency changed
quite often in so many countries.

And last but not least, even the government is able to print or to let print
money (and stamps).

--
Victor Manta

Philatelic Webmasters Organization: http://pwmo.org/