Tasmania~beautiful weatherboard.

Old July 5th 09, 08:49 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Asia-translation

Default Tasmania~beautiful weatherboard.

You're allowing a fairly narrow time slot for this photo, Rodney. The
Commonwealth Bank of Australia was established in 1911, and the 'Roos
appeared at the start of 1913

Tony

rodney wrote:
If you have a Tasmanian stamp cancelled "Huonville"
this will stand handsomely by its side.
http://cjoint.com/data/hepmflfqOm.htm

I wonder what the immaculately dressed gentleman would think
at the upcoming "roo and map" stamps?

Old July 5th 09, 09:00 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Rodney

You're not wrong there, Tony,
and that gold and black enammelled bank sign didn't change for 60 years
(apart from "department" to "agency")
You and I probably had the same green and gold CBA piggy bank
where it was easy to pick the lock on the bottom
when you needed fresh marbles.

"Asia-translation"

Old July 6th 09, 08:39 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Asia-translation

I did indeed have one, Rodney. Always begrudged every coin I was
pushed to push in the slot.

Old July 6th 09, 09:31 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Rodney

Tony, I am beginning to begrudge the world.
I have a blocked toilet, I need a sewer plan to find out where to dig
($13.00) I have a plumber standing by ($100 an hour)
I do not have a credit card.
I am not allowed to pay by cash over the counter anywhere
I have to get a money order for $13.00 post it, and then they will email
me the sewer plan on receipt of the money order. In the intervening two
days,
I'll ask my students to "do it" amongst the roses I guess.
The world is quite mad.
Coins of the realm seem quite irrelevant.

Old July 9th 09, 12:22 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Asia-translation

Well, young Rodney, if it's good enough for my kitten to squat among
the bushes near the clotheslines, when the fierce cat from over the
road isn't around, ...

Nevertheless, and recognizing that it's no sort of compensation, the
other day while excavating I discovered a Jaipur ps card with AR form
attached. I'm sending this over with a spare copy of Nawanagar SG 1,
since you've been eavesdropping.

Old July 9th 09, 01:50 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Rodney

I never begrudge gifts Tony,
but I already have Nawanagar SG1
http://cjoint.com/data/hjcUFID3Sg.htm

Going by the status of my collection, I assume a "weed'
I'll let your experienced eye behold.

I have a full page hagner ready to accept your (oops mine) AR card. Yippee.

"Asia-translation"

Old July 9th 09, 02:22 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Rodney

.....Ummm, feel free to send the tete-beche pair.

"rodney"

Old July 9th 09, 09:45 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Asia-translation

No tete-beche pairs to spare, I'm afraid Rodney. Indeed, none at
all. The cupboard is quite bare in that regard.

Your Nawanagar SG 1 is perfectly OK. Now you'll have a mate for it,
but bewa they breed in the dead of night. I had to organize a
give-away of them Stampboards to try thin out the over-population of
them I've been suffering. (I found one scuttling away in the bottom
of my kitchen cupboard the other day. Squirted Mortein at it, but I
don't know if managed to kill it.)

Tony of the Antipathies

Old July 9th 09, 05:02 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Blair[_2_]

On Jul 5, 4:00*am, "rodney" wrote:
You're not wrong there, Tony,
and that gold and black enammelled bank sign didn't change for 60 years
(apart from "department" to "agency")
You and I probably had the same green and gold CBA piggy bank
where it was easy to pick the lock on the bottom
when you needed fresh marbles.

Never needed fresh ones, as I never lost my marbles.

8*)