Little Blue Books?

Old November 16th 08, 09:21 PM posted to rec.collecting.books
Scot Kamins

Default Little Blue Books?

On Nov 16, 4:29*am, Big Q wrote:
On Nov 11, 2:33*am, scotkamins wrote:

In article
,

*RPN wrote:
On Nov 3, 2:43*pm, scotkamins wrote:
Folks,

I recently discovered a series of numbered books (pamphlets really,
about 64 pages each) called the Little Blue Books. These guys started
around 1919 and there are around 2,000 titles (more, actually). I think
I'd like to start a collection of these. Anybody know where I can buy a
large lot of these cheap?

Thanks,
Scot Kamins

For what it's worth, here's a bookseller who claims to specialize in
them:

http://www.biblio.com/bookstores/prestian.html

RPN

Thanks for the lead -- I'll check it out.

- Scot

Al Newgarden at THE AMERICAN DUST company knows a lot about these
(knows a lot about all paperbacks) he thinks that they actually
indicated firsts by dating the title page in the usual manner... I
once had a large hardcover from this publisher (book of fairy tales)
by Haldemann's wife or mother. *This publisher would be a great
subject for a biography! * *Good luck with your collection, I haven't
seen the offered by the boxful recently, but used to spot them at flea
markets pretty regularly. *One significant first book by an African-
American author was published in the series.
Good luck,

David

Thanks for the leads, David. The flea market idea is a GREAT one --
just the sort of place that little curiois like these would be.
Old November 29th 08, 03:52 AM posted to rec.collecting.books
Joe Morris

Not so long ago, scotkamins wrote:
In article ,
Some Guy wrote:

Well, there was a bookstore in SD that had a big box of them for about
50 cents each. I've got maybe 15 to 20 of what I consider the more
interesting ones. Collecting them all might be difficult, as they were
often not printed on high-quality paper.

Have you looked on AddAll?

Thanks, Some. I'll check it out.

Do you know if there's a collector's website, group, or e-mail
discussion group for these puppies? I found one great resource --
http://library.pittstate.edu/spcoll/ndxhjulius.html -- that purportedly
lists every title.

Very interesting. I got some of these from my great-aunt years ago and
that website has each listed -- strange that one each one I have
only lists a number: "110" or "752" and the website has two or three
titles for that number (110a, 110b, 100c, etc) so I guess you get no
uniqueness that way.

The ones I have are either decent little histories, anecdotes, jokes
and a couple with magic tricks.

Keep me posted if you get a website going. I love their little globe logo:

"A University in Print"

Best thing about them: they won't take up much space

--
Joe Morris Atlanta history forums
http://atlhistory.com
Old November 30th 08, 05:03 AM posted to rec.collecting.books
Some Guy

RPN wrote:
[...]

I've got a bunch of these I have no interest in keeping. If you want
them, let me know.
Old December 6th 08, 08:09 PM posted to rec.collecting.books
scotkamins

In article ,
Some Guy wrote:

I've got a bunch of these I have no interest in keeping. If you want
them, let me know.

I'm interested. Please contact me at -- and thanks!
Old December 7th 08, 02:36 AM posted to rec.collecting.books
Some Guy

scotkamins wrote:
In article ,
Some Guy wrote:

I've got a bunch of these I have no interest in keeping. If you want
them, let me know.

I'm interested. Please contact me at -- and thanks!

You have mail.