Westward Journey Coin and Medal Proof Set price test

Old February 4th 05, 12:49 AM
joe

Default Westward Journey Coin and Medal Proof Set price test

I've checked out some of the new Westward Journey proof sets going on
ebay so I figured I'd take mine down to the local coin shop. I knew
I'd get less then ebay prices but I thought if they would offer me
something in the same ballpark I'd trade it in instead of taking cash
for it. That would save me the hassle of ebay. I looked around
and they didn't have any on display or behind the counter on any of
the shelves. I took that as a good sign thinking there might be a
demand for my treasure. I showed them my un-opened box as received
from the mint and asked them if they were buying any of the Westward
Journey Proof sets. There was a very awkward moment when I had to
describe in detail what I had in my box since it seemed I was the only
one in the coin store that knew what I was talking about. They acted
as if they had never heard of it. I made it clear I was willing to
trade or take cash. The offer came back at $25 tops. I guess I need
to do more homework next time.

joe

http://www.usenet.com
Old February 4th 05, 02:34 AM
Ron

On Thu, 03 Feb 2005 16:49:25 -0800, joe wrote:

[...]

I see E-bay in your future :-)

Ron