A collecting forum. CollectingBanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » CollectingBanter forum » Collecting newsgroups » Juke Boxes
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

Rowe Ami R-81 selector fault

Old August 15th 15, 01:22 AM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
[email protected]
external usenet poster

Default Rowe Ami R-81 selector fault

Hi there, my Rowe R-81 "Moondrops" jukebox seems to be doing a strange thing and I am wondering if someone can give some advice. Each time I select record 146 the carousel scans to 147 and plays that record. The digital display button counter says 146 but the actual record playing is 147. And even more bizarre is that it seems to do this in winter rather than summer. I have cleaned the encoder wheel and the fault is still occurring. I also did notice a black and red wire from the memory unit to the encoder had unstuck so I just slipped it back in without soldering. Still no change in the selector fault. Can anyone help please?

Cheers Shannon

Adelaide, South Australia
Ads
Old August 17th 15, 01:29 PM

First recorded activity by CollectingBanter: Dec 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by View Post
Hi there, my Rowe R-81 "Moondrops" jukebox seems to be doing a strange thing and I am wondering if someone can give some advice. Each time I select record 146 the carousel scans to 147 and plays that record. The digital display button counter says 146 but the actual record playing is 147. And even more bizarre is that it seems to do this in winter rather than summer. I have cleaned the encoder wheel and the fault is still occurring. I also did notice a black and red wire from the memory unit to the encoder had unstuck so I just slipped it back in without soldering. Still no change in the selector fault. Can anyone help please?

Cheers Shannon

Adelaide, South Australia
Hello Shannon,

Is this the only selection that is one slot out? or are you saying that it plays 147 no matter what is selected.

Have a look at the wipers on the encoder at the bottom two wipers, because of the way that the wiper assembly is designed these bottom two sets of wipers tend to wear more than the others.
What did you clean the encoder PCB with?

If you help with this by all means contact me.

Regards
Alan

Alan Hood
ami-man
UK