Ami jai-200 1958 problem

Old August 4th 15, 12:27 AM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
[email protected]

Default Ami jai-200 1958 problem

Hi

We are asking for expert advice regarding this jukebox.
We have a problem that the box cannot play some of our 45:s.
It starts jumping and we cancel the record. Older 45:s seems to always be fine.
Could it be related to the pressing technique?
Is there something we can do?

Its a "Diabolic" cartridge in the machine.

Thanks
Lars
Old August 6th 15, 01:18 AM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
[email protected]

On Monday, August 3, 2015 at 6:27:09 PM UTC-5, wrote:
Hi

We are asking for expert advice regarding this jukebox.
We have a problem that the box cannot play some of our 45:s.
It starts jumping and we cancel the record. Older 45:s seems to always be fine.
Could it be related to the pressing technique?
Is there something we can do?

Its a "Diabolic" cartridge in the machine.

Thanks
Lars

I have found some records that were made from the late 70s on sometimes will skip which I suppose is due to the pressing of the record. Take a quarter and put it on the end of your tone arm. If the record plays fine then then you will need to adjust the tone arm to give it more down pressure. The quarter gives it just enough weight to check the record. Norm
Old August 16th 15, 05:32 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
[email protected]

Ok thanks for your reply. I Will try that again. I actually tested that before, but I think I had too much weight, cause it became worse. So I thought maybe I needed less weight.
I saw in the manual that the weight of the tonearm "must" be between 8-12 grams.

The tonearm just have metalspring for adjustment so there isn't any real possibility for finetuning the weight.
Old November 5th 15, 05:55 AM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
[email protected]

On Sunday, August 16, 2015 at 11:32:28 AM UTC-5, Lars Sima wrote:
Ok thanks for your reply. I Will try that again. I actually tested that before, but I think I had too much weight, cause it became worse. So I thought maybe I needed less weight.
I saw in the manual that the weight of the tonearm "must" be between 8-12 grams.

The tonearm just have metalspring for adjustment so there isn't any real possibility for finetuning the weight.

I haven't had that model but the earlier models has a set screw on the tone arm itself in the shaft that goes down to your reject switch. it is an adjustment to raise and lower your tone arm assembly. that's how you fine tune the adjustment on the needle. Make sure you have the correct needle. norm
Old November 5th 15, 07:34 AM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
John Robertson

On 11/04/2015 8:55 PM, wrote:
On Sunday, August 16, 2015 at 11:32:28 AM UTC-5, Lars Sima wrote:
Ok thanks for your reply. I Will try that again. I actually tested that before, but I think I had too much weight, cause it became worse. So I thought maybe I needed less weight.
I saw in the manual that the weight of the tonearm "must" be between 8-12 grams.

The tonearm just have metalspring for adjustment so there isn't any real possibility for finetuning the weight.

I haven't had that model but the earlier models has a set screw on the tone arm itself in the shaft that goes down to your reject switch. it is an adjustment to raise and lower your tone arm assembly. that's how you fine tune the adjustment on the needle. Make sure you have the correct needle. norm

Not quite correct, actually there is either an adjustment to change the
spring pretension or you can simply bend the spring slightly to increase
or decrease the tracking weight (not recommended!).

Raising or lowering the tone arm is for the setting of the needle on the
record - if there is no record you want the tone arm adjusted so the
needle/stylus just misses touching the turntable rubber mat.

Another problem can be with the pickup wire - if it is stiff that will
cause tracking problems on more modern records. We replace the original
shielded wire with modern pickup wire as it is far more flexible!

John :-#)#

www.flippers.com
Old December 21st 15, 07:08 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
Lars Sima

Not quite correct, actually there is either an adjustment to change the
spring pretension or you can simply bend the spring slightly to increase
or decrease the tracking weight (not recommended!).

Raising or lowering the tone arm is for the setting of the needle on the
record - if there is no record you want the tone arm adjusted so the
needle/stylus just misses touching the turntable rubber mat.

Another problem can be with the pickup wire - if it is stiff that will
cause tracking problems on more modern records. We replace the original
shielded wire with modern pickup wire as it is far more flexible!

John :-#)#

www.flippers.com

Ok thanks for you answers. Interesting with the wire, I will check that.