Hazel Grove Music (HGM) CD Wallboxes

Old July 4th 15, 05:49 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
[email protected]

Default Hazel Grove Music (HGM) CD Wallboxes

Hi John

I know this is an old post but i hope youre still online, ive just purchased an old playmate escort classic and struggling to find a manual for it. Would you have anything on this or a similar wall box that may help me diagnose the problem im having, any help welcome.

Regards

Adam togni
Old July 9th 15, 03:58 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
John Robertson

On 07/09/2015 4:42 AM, Alan Hood wrote:
John Robertson;697279 Wrote:
On 07/04/2015 9:49 AM, wrote:-
Hi John

I know this is an old post but i hope youre still online, ive just
purchased an old playmate escort classic and struggling to find a manual
for it. Would you have anything on this or a similar wall box that may
help me diagnose the problem im having, any help welcome.

Regards

Adam togni
-

Ah, well, there are a few Johns on this planet. If it was me, I do not
recall the posting, and can't help you as I don't have any documents on

the Playmates. I assume you are trying to connect one to a game?

John :-#)#

www.flippers.com

Hello Adam,

If you can describe the issues you are having on the wallbox, what you
are connecting it to (manufacturer and model number) someone may be able
to help you.

Regards
Alan

Alan Hood
ami-man
UK

Hi Folks (well Alan at least, Adam isn't responding ),

I did find out what the Playmate Escort was:

http://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedi...lbox-247843921

The first search only turned up Playboy and James Bond girls, had to add
"wallbox" to the search criteria!

So, that is some sort of jukebox wallbox, and I've never seen one before
on this side of the pond. Was this for CDs or 45s or both?

John :-#)#

www.flippers.com
Old July 10th 15, 12:11 PM
Alan Hood Alan Hood is offline
Senior Member

Location: Sheffield UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Robertson View Post
On 07/04/2015 9:49 AM, wrote:-
[...]

Hi John,

In the UK there was basically two major wall box manufacturers in the early 80's

These were the Music Hire Group and Hazelgrove Music, there was a few indipendent suppliers and NSM.

The most popular was the Playmate by Hazelgrove, it started as a alloy framed full view that was fitted with a curved glass, you will be aware of the costs involved in any curved glass.
We installed these mostly with hideaways we produced with the 1100 mechanism using an electronic stepper produced by Hazelgrove.

We exibited at the Blackpool Amusement show for a couple of years where we had hideaways and the full range of Hazelgrove wallboxes admitted we did not produce a CD hideaway but we had R-80 based, R-83 Based and R-84 based hideaways.

The Hazelgrove wall boxes operated off of 30 volts the MHG wallboxes were 50 volts this is why the PL10B transformers had 30/50 volt secondary windings with a 110/115 primary which could be just plugged into the jukebox power supply.

We still have cabinets, boards for the range of the vinyl based wallboxes and undertake testing/repairs.

Regards
Alan

Alan Hood
ami-man
UK
Old July 10th 15, 03:38 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
John Robertson

On 07/04/2015 9:49 AM, wrote:-
Hi John

I know this is an old post but i hope youre still online, ive just
purchased an old playmate escort classic and struggling to find a
manual
for it. Would you have anything on this or a similar wall box that may
help me diagnose the problem im having, any help welcome.

Regards

Adam togni
-

Ah, well, there are a few Johns on this planet. If it was me, I do not
recall the posting, and can't help you as I don't have any documents
on

the Playmates. I assume you are trying to connect one to a game?

John :-#)#

www.flippers.com
"Old pinballers never die, they just flip out."-

http://tinyurl.com/p3bnteo

[...]

Must drop by your shop if I'm ever in the UK!

John :-#)#

www.flippers.com

Grove Press 1st of Juliette Francis A. Miniter[_2_] Books 7 January 14th 11 04:30 AM
Rowe wallboxes Robert Aker Juke Boxes 2 November 22nd 04 08:03 PM
Hazel Court rtrn. new addy needed Bcoton Autographs 0 April 12th 04 09:24 PM
Wireless Wallboxes? George Howell Juke Boxes 1 March 1st 04 05:11 PM
FS Manhattan and Capri Hazel Ware Gothic and Simplicity [email protected] General 0 September 12th 03 10:34 PM