Hello????

Old December 19th 14, 03:01 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Eric Babula[_2_]

Default Hello????

Hello,
Is there anybody in there?
Just nod if you can hear me.
Is there anyone at home?

So, I just happened to be jonesin for some coin chatter, so I came
to RCC. But, I see there's been very little going on, here. There
are a few old-timer lurkers around, right???

Come out, come out, wherever you are!

So, where are all the older RCCers I used to read? Let's see - who
can I remember???

Bruce Remick
Eric Tillery
Bill Krummel
Michael Benveniste
Frank Provasek
Jud
Jerry Dennis
Bob Rudd
Ira Stein
Barry
Christa
Ken Barr

Have you all gone to another site, to talk coins?

Eric Babula
Old December 19th 14, 10:55 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Ken Barr

In article ,
Eric Babula wrote:

[...]

I'm still here, though I'm not sure why, as the signal-to-noise ratio of
this newsfroup continues to approach zero. Jud and Jerry are still here
as far as I know, but I haven't seen anything from most of the others in
quite some time.

[JUD - Are you going to the FUN show in January? The BEP is issuing TWO
hand-pulled proof souvenir cards there and I need some lucky drawing
assistants ...]

--
Ken Barr Numismatics * * * *email:
P. O. Box 32541 * * * * * * website: *http://www.kenbarr.com
Old December 19th 14, 12:31 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Eric Babula[_2_]

Ken Barr wrote in
:

In article ,
Eric Babula wrote:

[...]

Hi, Ken! Yeah, it looks like most of the regulars I knew aren't
around much. Nor is anyone else, for that matter. So, where is
everyone going for their coin chatting? PCGS.com forums?
coinpeople.com? collectors-society? I am soooo out of it, I have no
idea where everyone went!

So, I take it there's no RCC Christmas Swap, huh?

Hope you're doing well, Ken! Happy Holidays!
Old December 20th 14, 12:52 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Michael Benveniste[_2_]

On 12/18/2014 9:01 PM, Eric Babula wrote:

So, where are all the older RCCers I used to read? Let's see - who
can I remember???

Have you all gone to another site, to talk coins?

Howdy Eric and happy holidays! I still check the group when at
home and will post a reply perhaps 1-2 times a month.

I'm somewhat active at http://cointalk.com, and once in a blue moon
I'll post something on /r/coins on Reddit.

--
Mike Benveniste -- (Clarification Required)
You don't have to sort of enhance reality. There is nothing

Old December 20th 14, 02:03 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Eric Babula[_2_]

Michael Benveniste wrote in
:

On 12/18/2014 9:01 PM, Eric Babula wrote:

So, where are all the older RCCers I used to read? Let's see -
who can I remember???

Have you all gone to another site, to talk coins?

Howdy Eric and happy holidays! I still check the group when at
home and will post a reply perhaps 1-2 times a month.

I'm somewhat active at http://cointalk.com, and once in a blue
moon I'll post something on /r/coins on Reddit.

Hey, Mike! Good to hear from you! Happy Holidays to you, also!

I'm gonna have to jump around, and see if I can find some of the
other RCCers that I used to enjoy reading so much! I'll keep popping
in here, too, just to see if anything interesting comes up!

I was hoping to see some chatter here, and maybe a coin giveaway
contest or Holiday Swap, or something! Oh well.

cointalk.com - I'll check it out!

Eric Babula
Old December 20th 14, 04:32 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Jud

On Thursday, December 18, 2014 9:01:04 PM UTC-5, Eric Babula wrote:
[...]

Still here! Read RCC just about every day. Yeah, I miss the old days, even the trolls. Merry Christmas all!
Old December 20th 14, 05:53 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Eric Babula[_2_]

Jud wrote in
:

wrote:
[...]

Hey, Jud! Every day??? There's nothing to read, every day, is there?
Or, is my server not getting all the posts to RCC? I'm showing this
as the only thread since Dec. 8th. That's why I was wondering which
sites everyone else went to. I'm not seeing hardly any coin chatter,
here.

Well, Merry Christmas! Hope some good coins and/or accessories are
being wrapped for you!

Eric Babula
Old December 21st 14, 12:32 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Ken Barr

In article ,
Eric Babula wrote:

[snip]
Hi, Ken! Yeah, it looks like most of the regulars I knew aren't
around much. Nor is anyone else, for that matter. So, where is
everyone going for their coin chatting? PCGS.com forums?
coinpeople.com? collectors-society? I am soooo out of it, I have no
idea where everyone went!

I do check the Collectors Universe (PCGS) U. S. Coin Forum

http://forums.collectors.com/categories.cfm?catid=26

generally once a day, but I have never registered and hence do not post
there. I frequently only read one or two threads a day there, as I have
very little interest in the debate over whether a certain coin is VF30
versus VF35 and whether it will "cross" to PCGS and/or "sticker" at CAC.

I do enjoy some of the historical numismatic posts, though, as well as
some of the coin gossip. Today's item of interest was the car that ran
into Allen Rowe's coin shop (Northern Nevada Coin in Carson City NV) --
"Coin Shop Becomes A Drive-Thru":

http://forums.collectors.com/message...hreadid=933646

with links to video and newspaper reports ...

I've also heard that cointalk.com is active, but I've only clicked links
to a few threads there and they seemed rather pedestrian.

Happy holidays to whomever still frequents this newsfroup ... and best
wishes for 2015.

--
Ken Barr Numismatics * * * *email:
P. O. Box 32541 * * * * * * website: *http://www.kenbarr.com
San Jose, CA *95152 * * Coins, currency, exonumia, souvenir cards, etc.
408-272-3247 * NEXT SHOW: FUN Orlando 01/08-11/15 (no table)
Old December 23rd 14, 03:42 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Jud

Well, every day MOST of the time. Didn't read RCC yesterday, so I guess that makes me a liar! 8-)
Old December 24th 14, 04:37 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
[email protected]

[...]

I haven't been over to check out rec.collecting.coins in years. I was heavily in here reading, years ago when AOL had its newsgroups. Then when they dropped the groups, I kept up on another provider, Bellsouth/AT&T. When they dropped their newsfeeds, I sort of lost interest in trying to keep up with the group. I wasn't a heavy player here, but did enjoy the group, and ran the RCC Christmas swap for 2 years. I still have a fantastic ANACS AU58 $2.50 gold indian that the group got me as a present after running the swap the second year. I also still have my 2002 Flamedrake 5 embers token, that I keep in my small token collection. Just a coincidence I came by and saw this thread. I was thinking about the old Christmas swaps, and decided to look up the group to see what was up.

Robert Shaw