1968 wurlitzer 3200 americana jukebox

Old October 12th 14, 11:00 PM
perryclouse1 perryclouse1 is offline
Junior Member

Default 1968 wurlitzer 3200 americana jukebox

just got my Wurlitzer home found out it ran on quarters good thing but for some reason it is set on 2 plays for a quarter and 5 plays for 50 cents but when I put a quarter in the 50 cent selector moves to 5 plays and the 25 cent selector stays in place what do I need to do to make the single quarter thing work again please help
Old October 13th 14, 07:25 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
John Robertson

On 10/12/2014, 3:00 PM, perryclouse1 wrote:
just got my Wurlitzer home found out it ran on quarters good thing but
for some reason it is set on 2 plays for a quarter and 5 plays for 50
cents but when I put a quarter in the 50 cent selector moves to 5 plays
and the 25 cent selector stays in place what do I need to do to make the
single quarter thing work again please help

Your coin switches have been rewired OR the second switch on the wiper
is always closed. These credit units had an option where two quarters
would give extra credit (usually five) and this was controlled by a
second switch that closed when the stepup pawl was at a certain (usually
two credits) position. When there the switch would close and the next
quarter in would trip the 50c coil. This would not happen if you used a
dime (or nickle if enabled).

The coins switches may have been rewired if the quarter solenoid has
burned out and the previous tech simply made the machine always trip the
50c coil for any quarters. In which case the previous owner was likely a
home, not a business...

Manuals are available from us and others...

John :-#)#

www.flippers.com

Wurlitzer Models 3200 / 3210 series Americana II of 1968 Vee Juke Boxes 4 April 4th 18 08:17 PM
Wurlitzer 3200 Speakers DDUBBS Juke Boxes 0 May 8th 12 05:39 PM
AMERICANA 3200 LARRY Juke Boxes 2 January 11th 11 08:34 PM
Wurlitzer 3200 question fn64 Juke Boxes 4 September 21st 10 12:56 AM
Tech: Wurlitzer 3200 RKP Juke Boxes 1 May 16th 10 07:52 PM