Rockola CD8 Black 280 Watt Amp 56180-1A

Old September 7th 14, 07:38 PM
JeffP JeffP is offline
Member

Location: Ringwood NJ 07456
Default Rockola CD8 Black 280 Watt Amp 56180-1A

Hi All....

Well I'm past my battery problem, The Ni-Cd was the way to go for this S-5 setup Thanks Ron!

Now onto a new issue...

Initially at the beginning of every song played on any CD, The speakers produced a sound as if a needle was just put down on a record at the begiining of a song.

It sounds like a flutter or wind noise.

After lubing everthing up, cleaning the CD players Lense, and allowing it to play on a Random setting for many hours, that sound has almost completely gone away but is still faintly there.

In addition, when the juke is at idle, with no Cd loaded, I can still fainly hear a flutter/wind noise coming out of the speakers.

Removing the Amp's left and right input jacks from the CD player have no effect....

I checked all the usual grounds etc....

Is this a sign that this Amp needs a rebuild?

If it does, Can I buy a cap and resistor kit like I am able to buy for my many 1950's Seeburgs?

Is there anyone local that rebuilds these?

Thanks in advance for all your help...

Jeff Pluchino

Specs:
Antique Apparatus/Rock-Ola - CD8 Bubbler

Serial # 562318

Manufactured 6/1/94

Black Control Center that has a RED sticker on the cover that says 57000-1A System 5A Control Unit
The PCB inside the Control Center has a white sticker on it that says PCB Assy #57001-A, If you remove that sticker, printed on the board underneath it, it says 56215-A.

Black 280 Watt Amp 56180-1A

Black Power Distr. 56205-A, the Rectifier PCB in it says 56257-1A

It has a Philips CDM-4 Industrial CD player

Mech Control PCB Assy P/N 56995-A

Black CD Mech Control Assy 57066-A Interface 9404002423