NSM Satellite 200 Free Play Help

Old March 28th 13, 08:32 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
ComputerSpace

Default NSM Satellite 200 Free Play Help

Hello all,

I'm not sure how much this group is read, but I need to start
somewhere...

I picked up a fully working NSM Satellite 200 last weekend. It seems
to be a great juke and I love the light organ
built into it. I would like to program it for free play. I have the
manual, here is what I've done, but does not seem to
work;

Enter P10
Changed the max credits to 254 as the manual says for free play
Close the cover.

I go back into P10 and check the setting and it shows 254 credits, but
in the credit display I'm seeing the number of
credits that happened to be on the box at the time of programming.
Playing a song results in the credit counter
dropping. When credits reach 0, I can not select any additional
songs.

So, I've managed to changed the P10 - free play - setting to 254
credits but it seems to not have put the juke
into free play.

Any ideas on what I might be doing wrong here?

TIA
Tom
Old March 30th 13, 02:02 AM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
John Robertson

On 03/28/2013 12:32 PM, ComputerSpace wrote:
[...]

Hi Tom,

As I recall setting these on Free Play also requires the key switch on
the machine to be in the correct position. If that doesn't help email me
tomorrow and I'll check my NSM manual at the shop.

John :-#)#

PS. Found a cute fix for noise on the Computer Space score/time display
- you may see (at least on the single player version) artifacts of the
display above showing up faintly in the digits directly below. Usually a
thin white line that may make a 3 look a bit like a nine or an eight.
The cure is adding a 250pf cap on pin 8 of C5 on the innermost board.

I'll post pictures in the next couple of days.

www.flippers.com
Old April 9th 13, 05:57 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
[email protected]

On Friday, March 29, 2013 6:02:22 PM UTC-7, John Robertson wrote:
[...]

Hello John,

Thanks for the reply. I'm not sure I understand about a 'key switch' on the
juke. Can you elaborate about that? I don't have any actual keys, but I was
able to get into the programming mode on the computer using the default code -
thank goodness someone didn't change it.

I am also interested in seeing what you've found on the computer space note you
mentioned.

Thanks!
Tom
Old April 9th 13, 07:22 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
John Robertson

--

Hello John,

Thanks for the reply. I'm not sure I understand about a 'key switch' on the
juke. Can you elaborate about that? I don't have any actual keys, but I was
able to get into the programming mode on the computer using the default code -
thank goodness someone didn't change it.

I am also interested in seeing what you've found on the computer space note you
mentioned.

Thanks!
Tom

Hi Tom,

The keyswitch (needs a key to work it - over-ride with a jumper) is on
the rear wall of the machine. I believe it has to be set correctly for
the Free Play to work.

John :-#)#

www.flippers.com
Old April 10th 13, 12:45 AM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
ComputerSpace

On Apr 9, 10:22*am, John Robertson wrote:
On 04/09/2013 9:57 AM, wrote:

[...]

* * (Please post followups or tech enquiries to the newsgroup)
* John's Jukes Ltd. 2343 Main St., Vancouver, BC, Canada V5T 3C9
* Call (604)872-5757 or Fax 872-2010 (Pinballs, Jukes, Video Games)
* * * * * * * * * * *www.flippers.com
* * * *"Old pinballers never die, they just flip out."

Hi John,

Interesting, I'll have a closer look at the back this weekend.

Thx for the reply.

Tom
Old April 10th 13, 05:51 AM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
John Robertson

On 04/09/2013 9:57 AM, wrote:

[...]

--...

Hi John,

Interesting, I'll have a closer look at the back this weekend.

Thx for the reply.

Tom

Hi Tom,

Checked my notes and found this info on Free Play:

Setting #23 to 201 means the machine clears the free play setting when
it is powered off/on. Setting #23 to 200 seems to allow you to select
permanent free play by putting "99" on the credits - probably can clear
that somehow... The key switch locks out the Free Play button on the
remote - if the switch is horizontal the Free Play button is inactive,
if vertical then the Free Play switch works on the wired remote.

John :-#)#

www.flippers.com
Old April 12th 13, 12:38 AM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
[email protected]

On 04/09/2013 9:57 AM, wrote:

[...]

Thank you John. I'll give what you suggested a try this weekend.

Regards,
Tom
Old November 5th 15, 10:46 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
[email protected]

Hi can anyone help me I have the same issue trying to load free play on my 200 did this fix work or can anyone advise how I can complete the task!
Cheers Glyn.
Old November 8th 15, 09:30 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
[email protected]

Hi John thanks for the info, I think this is a programming issue I set the juke in p10 to 255 as per manual close the lid but the free play dose not register the book said 255 will add unlimited free play and will not count down but unfortunately it just doesn't work.
Cheers
Glyn

NSM Satellite 200 fubarcoin Juke Boxes 2 January 20th 11 12:05 PM
NSM Satellite 200 [email protected] Juke Boxes 1 April 2nd 09 01:29 PM
NSM Satellite 200 problem Ian Ninness Juke Boxes 1 July 30th 08 01:36 PM
NSM Satellite 200 Ian Bullock Juke Boxes 1 October 2nd 04 03:19 AM
NSM Satellite 200 Jukebox Ian Bullock Juke Boxes 0 July 14th 04 06:18 PM