help grading a Morgan please

Old February 8th 09, 06:52 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Jon Purkey

Default help grading a Morgan please

On Sat, 7 Feb 2009 20:44:26 -0600, "celtex"
wrote:

Newbie trying to understand the grading process. What is your best guess at
the grading of this coin? I hope pictures are good enough for your guess.
Thanks!
Jim

You'll get better results if you photograph the coin without the
flash. A small tripod can be used to hold the camera study. You do not
have to spend a lot on one. I use a tripod bought at the Dollar Tree.
It screws into the camera and allows the camera to either point
forward or straight down, the later being great for photographing
coins and other small objects.
Old February 8th 09, 10:52 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
celtex

wrote:

Newbie trying to understand the grading process. What is your best guess
at
the grading of this coin? I hope pictures are good enough for your guess.
Thanks!
Jim

You'll get better results if you photograph the coin without the
flash. A small tripod can be used to hold the camera study. You do not
have to spend a lot on one. I use a tripod bought at the Dollar Tree.
It screws into the camera and allows the camera to either point
forward or straight down, the later being great for photographing
coins and other small objects.

Wal-Mart has a "kit" that has the tripod and a battery charger with
batteries for 15 bucks. Thanks for the suggestion. It takes me several shots
to get one in focus! LOL You use available light?

Old February 9th 09, 07:46 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
don't look

"celtex" wrote in message
. ..
wrote:

[...]

You can. You may have to change the lighting type setting on your
camera(digital). If you leave it at normal you might end up with golden
silver dollar pictures.

help grading a Morgan please Mr. Jaggers Coins 10 February 13th 09 03:41 AM
Guess to grading on my 1896 Morgan Mr. Jaggers Coins 2 February 7th 09 06:18 AM
New Morgan Grading company? ???? Coins 9 September 6th 06 08:20 PM
Grading GSA Morgan CCs xnt023 Coins 2 October 12th 05 11:56 PM
Help on grading my Morgan 1896 needed Bob Hairgrove Coins 5 October 10th 05 11:49 PM