Silver rounds from Dixon IL Treasurer's judicial "estate"...

Old March 13th 13, 02:03 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
oly

Default Silver rounds from Dixon IL Treasurer's judicial "estate"...

Here in Illinois, some dealers are offering generic silver rounds and
Canada one ounce five dollars that came from the judicial sale of the
effects of the Dixon IL (northern part of State) City Treasurer Lady
who stole $54 million... I wish they were slabbed with some notation
of the provenance, but hey the sellers aren't really asking any
significant premiums either. I bought one for grins...

oly
Old March 13th 13, 05:33 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
ps56k

"oly" wrote in message

Here in Illinois, some dealers are offering generic silver rounds and
Canada one ounce five dollars that came from the judicial sale of the
effects of the Dixon IL (northern part of State) City Treasurer Lady
who stole $54 million... I wish they were slabbed with some notation
of the provenance, but hey the sellers aren't really asking any
significant premiums either. I bought one for grins...

oly

yeah - the Dixon story is pretty amazing.... I'm in the western burbs.

hi - same as my other posting...

What is -

Old March 14th 13, 04:03 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
oly

On Mar 13, 11:33*am, "ps56k" wrote:
"oly" wrote in message

Here in Illinois, some dealers are offering generic silver rounds and
Canada one ounce five dollars that came from the judicial sale of the
effects of the Dixon IL (northern part of State) City Treasurer Lady
who stole $54 million... I wish they were slabbed with some notation
of the provenance, but hey the sellers aren't really asking any
significant premiums either. *I bought one for grins...

oly

yeah - the Dixon story is pretty amazing.... I'm in the western burbs.

hi - same as my other posting...

What is -
I wish they were slabbed
with some notation of the provenance.

Sometimes slabbed coins have a brief line or label noting if the coin
(or medal or token) came from a famous collection or auction.

The March 2013 slick magazine edition of Coin World has a special
article on famous U.S. collectors and the accumulation and disposition
of their coins.

For instance, one of the most famous American collectors was a
Baltimore banker named Louis Eliasberg, Sr. I have a slabbed Victoria
half-sovereign, not a real special coin, but the paper in the slab is
marked "Eliasberg".

So I am saying that I wish somebody would slab some of these silver
pieces from the Dixon IL Lady Treasurer and mark them as such. I'd
pay a premium for a few pieces slabbed thusly.

oly

Old March 23rd 13, 05:21 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
sgt23

On Mar 14, 11:03*am, oly wrote:
On Mar 13, 11:33*am, "ps56k" wrote:

"oly" wrote in message

[...]

olya

Wow something of educational value in this group for the first time in
a long time.