It's Cinderella time. Lady Gowrie Red Cross.

Old June 2nd 09, 02:08 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
rodney

Default It's Cinderella time. Lady Gowrie Red Cross.

A new Lady Gowrie Red Cross has surfaced.
http://cjoint.com/data/gcpdyxoUhH.htm

The other.
http://cjoint.com/data/gcpgC7VhGv.htm

(Check out the line perforations on this sheet, how often do
you see line perforations intersect perfectly?)

Lady Gowrie served as president of the Australian Red Cross
and was the wife of the then Governor of New South Wales
Lord Gowrie.

Lady Gowrie was also mentor to the multi talented Joan Hammond (nee Hood)
a New Zealander we like to claim as ours
She won the women's state golf championship for New South Wales
in 1932, 1934, 1935 and the junior championship in 1929
Played Violin with the Sydney Philharmonic Orchestra
and studied Opera in Vienna. (wow, what a gal)

Old June 2nd 09, 07:25 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Blair[_2_]

On Jun 2, 9:08*am, "rodney" wrote:
A new Lady Gowrie Red Cross has surfaced.http://cjoint.com/data/gcpdyxoUhH.htm

The other.http://cjoint.com/data/gcpgC7VhGv.htm

(Check out the line perforations on this sheet, how often do
you see line perforations intersect perfectly?)

Lady Gowrie served as president of the Australian Red Cross
and was the wife of the then Governor of New South Wales
Lord Gowrie.

Actually he was Governor-General of Australia.

Here is same label on a Registered cover.
https://www.premierpostal.com/jpg5024/5024363.jpg
from the
MILITARY P.O. DARLEY
VICTORIA - AUSTRALIA

Note the provisional blue Registration label.

Here is the reverse of same.
https://www.premierpostal.com/jpg5024/5024363-2.jpg

Here is Lady Gowrie herself (2nd from left).
Lord Gowrie is second from right.
http://john.curtin.edu.au/macarthur/...s/00376_73.jpg

.... and here is an ironic twist for Rodney.

"Gowrie (Scottish Gaelic: Gobharaidh) is a region and
ancient province of Scotland, covering most of the eastern
part of what became Perthshire. The province is the home
of such ancient Scottish royal sites as Scone and perhaps
Forteviot.

Its chief settlement is the town of Perth. Today it is most
often associated with the Carse of Gowrie, the part of
Gowrie south of the Sidlaw Hills running east of Perth
to Dundee.

Blair
Old June 3rd 09, 01:24 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
rodney

Thank you very much Blair,
esp the photo of Lady Gowrie.

It is of great pride we see Mr. John Curtin, another Victorian
who chose Perth to rise to fame.
A great Labour leader who would have naturally chosen beautiful
Western Australia over that of his native Melbourne.

A photo of some very powerful people.

Note the provisional blue Registration label.

Note it is on the wrong side of the cover

"Blair"

Old June 3rd 09, 02:03 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
rodney

Trying to get a "one up" on you Blair
I consulted my extensive list of worldwide postmarks
and yes, I can offer one from the "Carse of Gowrie"

How about Inchture Perthshire, I would like 1891
but going by the pink paper probably 1991
http://cjoint.com/data/gdpaKUMnFy.htm

Apparently good strawberry country Mmmmm.

"Blair"

Old June 3rd 09, 08:29 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Blair[_2_]

On Jun 3, 9:03*am, "rodney" wrote:
Trying to get a "one up" on you Blair
I consulted my extensive list of worldwide postmarks
and yes, I can offer one from the "Carse of Gowrie"

How about Inchture Perthshire, I would like 1891
but going by the pink paper *probably 1991 *http://cjoint.com/data/gdpaKUMnFy.htm

Apparently good strawberry country *Mmmmm.

Well the current post office opened (in a house)
in 1994, so your stamp must have come from
the previous Inchture Post Office.

Blair