Austria query.

Old May 4th 09, 03:14 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Geezer.

Default Austria query.

Please see -
http://cjoint.com/?fgfV1IF8rD

I found these in a recent auction lot. They look like the "make-up rate"
stamps issued in 2002 but they are on thin card. I don't think they are
cut-outs because they are all exactly the same size and shape.

Can anyone throw any light on this subject?
Thanks in anticipation,

Geezer.

Old May 4th 09, 06:03 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Peter Baumann[_2_]

Geezer. schrieb:
Please see -
http://cjoint.com/?fgfV1IF8rD

I found these in a recent auction lot. They look like the "make-up
rate" stamps issued in 2002 but they are on thin card. I don't think
they are cut-outs because they are all exactly the same size and shape.

Can anyone throw any light on this subject?
Thanks in anticipation,

Geezer.

Hi

these have been printed and issued to the "Opal-Postoffices" in mid May
2002, mainly for collecting purposes, becourse there were no need for
those kind of stamps anymoore, at that time.
4000 complete sheets were not used and were given away to those, who had
an "abonnement" at Post Austria.

Peter

--
No Gates - no Bill!
Old May 4th 09, 11:32 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Geezer.

"Peter Baumann" wrote in message
Geezer. schrieb:
Please see -
http://cjoint.com/?fgfV1IF8rD

I found these in a recent auction lot. They look like the "make-up
rate" stamps issued in 2002 but they are on thin card. I don't think
they are cut-outs because they are all exactly the same size and shape.

Can anyone throw any light on this subject?
Thanks in anticipation,

Geezer.

Hi

these have been printed and issued to the "Opal-Postoffices" in mid May
2002, mainly for collecting purposes, becourse there were no need for
those kind of stamps anymoore, at that time.
4000 complete sheets were not used and were given away to those, who had
an "abonnement" at Post Austria.
Peter.

Thanks Peter for the information.

Do you know why these are on card rather than on paper ? Mine have no gum
on them - is this normal?

Geezer.

Old May 5th 09, 01:18 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
rodney

There was thread on these started by Blair in 16th March 2006
http://cjoint.com/data/fgp3xysf5T.htm

Unfortunately, I cannot find the text in my album,
nor can I appear to get any messages prior to 2008 from Google archives
for some reason.

Old May 5th 09, 03:28 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Blair[_2_]

"Geezer." wrote in message

Please see -
http://cjoint.com/?fgfV1IF8rD

I found these in a recent auction lot. *They look like the "make-up rate"
stamps issued in 2002 but they are on thin card. *I don't think they are
cut-outs because they are all exactly the same size and shape.

Can anyone throw any light on this subject?
Thanks in anticipation,

Geezer.

Here is my post of March 2006.

=============================

Austrian Emergency stamp
====================

To elaborate on a discussion raised in another
thread, I present the Austrian Emergency stamps.

When Austria converted to the Euro, in 2002,
previous Austrian stamps (in schillings) were
still valid for postage.

At first there were no intermediate definitive
stamp values available to make up the odd
values needed to complete certain postal rates.

The emergency stamps were printed in yellow
with no face value. Senders would bring their
letters to the post office and the clerk would
calculate the deficient amount. The money
was then collected and the clerk wrote the
face value on the stamp in pen or by mechanical
means (eg computer).

(1) Mint perforated emergency stamp (no face value):
http://cjoint.com/data/dprm0rpYak.htm

(2) Is this a Mint imperforate emergency stamp (no
face value) or are the perforations just hard to see? :
http://cjoint.com/data/dprpuMXBHN.htm

(3) Cover showing 1 Euro cent value hand written
emergency stamp added to old schilling stamps
to make up the proper rate.
http://cjoint.com/data/dprzjqWGfg.htm

(4) Cover showing First Day of Euro use (01.01.2002)
Old stamp (in schillings) plus 36 Euro cents paid
by handwritten emergency stamp.

(5) A mint corner (plate number) block of emergency
stamps pre-marked mechanically for use as
45 Euro cent stamps. I believe this was the letter rate.
http://cjoint.com/?dprNUAWUnn

Any more information on this issue would be welcomed.

Blair
Old May 5th 09, 10:35 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Peter Baumann[_2_]

Geezer. schrieb:
[...]

The first edition, that realy were needed in the daily bussiness, were
perforated, printed in sheets with normal gum.
The second edition, mostly printed to meet the "demand" of collectors,
were nearly useless in postal bussines. They were issued as "self
adhesive" stamps. Just like in the U.S.A, Australia and many other
countries - also called "Peel and Stick".

Peter

--
No Gates - no Bill!