Donruss Master (15) set question

Old October 12th 03, 02:07 PM
Derrick Fenwick

Default Donruss Master (15) set question

In 2003 Donruss Team Heroes there was I belive a redemption card that would
give you a master team set of a particular team with all cards numbered to
15 (there was I believe a entire set numbered to 20 but I don't have that
information) I bought a Joe Carter 01/15, a Christian Parker 03/15 & a Jack
Cust 02/15 in three separate ebay auctions. All three sellers had multiple
players from the same team as the players I bought.
I was reading a ebay post that was selling many players from
different teams and all had the same 01/15 number on them (what would be the
chance of getting all the different redemptions and sending them all in
first to get the 01/15 distinction!) One of the auctions was

The card you see pictured has a different number font than the card that I
have, the 0 and the botom of the 5 is much fatter on the card in the ebay
post (please check post soon as many of the seller posts are being
eliminated by ebay).my card has the regular Donruss font. I emailed the
seller asking him whether he had a Joe Carter and he had one! He sent me a
scan. I emailed Donruss security and offered both scans but they politely
acknowledged my email and never got back to me. I thought the card companies
would be interested in any possible fraud activity but mayle I did not
describe the cards fully enough.

Any thoughts? would anyone that has one or more of these cards be interested
in a copy of the scans?

Derrick

Old October 12th 03, 09:44 PM
VinnyH

If that's normally a white area on the card's border it would be easy for a
forger to stamp any number on it. Just another flaw in sportscard
collecting.

Good work pointing it out.

Best to all,
Vinny