Cinderellas?

Old July 2nd 03, 11:58 PM
Rodney

G'day Tony,

http://cinderellastampclub.org.uk/what.html

At our local "low end" stamp auctions,
A chinese stock book of say 700 mint and used Canadian stamps
will fetch say $30
3 or 4 Cinderellas that are collectable fetch the same.

The term collectable no doubt depends on the area you live in
and I find auction lists generally point towards what is "in"
Naturally for us Australiana is most valuable. I dont recall
ever seeing any reference to gum on descriptions.

HTH

Old July 3rd 03, 03:37 AM
Art Mongan

Default Cinderellas?

Hi
The simplest defination of cinderellas is any stamp that is not in the
four major general worldwide catalogs (Scott, Gibbons, Michael, Yvert &
Tellier). There are all kinds of collectors - some want everyting mint,
never hinged - some want the design and don't care about condition.
Roger Riga has a partial list of US Philatelic Show seals on his web
site. www.rigastamps.com
Art

Old July 3rd 03, 05:38 AM
TC

On Wed, 02 Jul 2003 01:24:23 -0400, Tony Cooper
wrote:

Going through some stuff I'm going to sell, I came across some
"stamps" from the National Stamp Exhibition for a couple of years,
some from the International Philatelic Exhibition, and even a 1935 New
Jersey Stamp Exhibition.

The are called "Cinderellas", right? Does glue or no glue make a
difference to a Buyer? Anything in particular to look for, or do I
just throw a scan in the ad?

Normally, if hinged (versus not hinged) it would make little
difference as the majority of cinderellas have nominal values.
For rare or specialized cinderellas, it might make a difference.
Just list them as they are.

"Local / poster and similar non official stamps (often called
cinderellas) are issued for use at special events or on limited
transportation routes or in limited areas, and not for international
recognition. Many countries have issued local or poster stamps, often
they have preceded regular stamps, and these are of great interest to
philatelists. Such local stamps were frequently used in connection
with mail carried in the early days by steamship companies or
organisations carrying letters.

Although necessary and useful, they are not ordinarily regarded as
regular postage stamps... some are just plain fantasies.

An excellent Cinderella collector's group in the USA is the:
Poster Stamp Society, run by Walter Schmidt.

Hope this is helpful.

Blair

POSTER STAMP SOCIETY

MEMBERSHIP DUES
US $10.00 USD per year (12 Bulletins)
CANADA $12.00 USD per year
OVERSEAS $15.00 USD per year

The Poster Stamp Society is an organization composed of a group of
philatelic rebels who collect non-postal stamps.

We collect stamps that the vast majority of philatelic enthusiasts
have never seen before.

The primary purpose of the Poster Stamp Society is to assist
collectors and promote the hobby that we love.

A free copy of the Poster Stamp Society Bulletin will be sent to
anyone interested in joining our brave little band of esoteric stamp
collectors.

For more information about the Poster Stamp Society

WRITE TO:
Walter Schmidt c/o
Cinderella Publications
3654 Applegate Road
Jacksonville, OR 97530

FAX: (81) (541) 899-8933 (USA Number)

EMAIL:

Click Here for the form
http://home.cdsnet.net/~pssoc/Poster_Stamp_form.html

Old July 3rd 03, 06:14 AM
Tony Cooper

wrote:

Going through some stuff I'm going to sell, I came across some
"stamps" from the National Stamp Exhibition for a couple of years,
some from the International Philatelic Exhibition, and even a 1935 New
Jersey Stamp Exhibition.

The are called "Cinderellas", right? Does glue or no glue make a
difference to a Buyer? Anything in particular to look for, or do I
just throw a scan in the ad?

Normally, if hinged (versus not hinged) it would make little
difference as the majority of cinderellas have nominal values.
For rare or specialized cinderellas, it might make a difference.
Just list them as they are.

I listed 4 lots of what I called "Cinderellas" tonight. I did the
best I could in describing them, and hope I haven't made a fool of
myself by miscatagorizing them. I'll see what happens.

Old July 3rd 03, 12:31 PM
TC

wrote:

Going through some stuff I'm going to sell, I came across some
"stamps" from the National Stamp Exhibition for a couple of years,
some from the International Philatelic Exhibition, and even a 1935 New
Jersey Stamp Exhibition.

The are called "Cinderellas", right? Does glue or no glue make a
difference to a Buyer? Anything in particular to look for, or do I
just throw a scan in the ad?

Normally, if hinged (versus not hinged) it would make little
difference as the majority of cinderellas have nominal values.
For rare or specialized cinderellas, it might make a difference.
Just list them as they are.

I listed 4 lots of what I called "Cinderellas" tonight. I did the
best I could in describing them, and hope I haven't made a fool of
myself by miscatagorizing them. I'll see what happens.

Tony:

Let us know how it works out.

Blair

Old July 5th 03, 12:46 AM
Jim Kellogg

Hi Blair,
Walter is a great guy who got me into stamps over 30 years ago. I remember
the first stamps I got from him, mint 1936 Germany summer and winter
Olympics sets. He's written some books on WWI patriotic poster stamps and I
joined his Cinderella group a few years ago but it's not my main interest
so I let my membership go. Say hello to him for me. By the way I'm always
interested in buying Third Reich revenues and poster stamps..

Regards,

Jim Kellogg
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Third_Reich_Stamps

DISNEY WDCC FOR SALE Bayrdge46 General 0 April 17th 04 03:27 AM
Micronations and/or Cinderellas? from West of the Pecos Coins 3 July 12th 03 10:22 PM