Super Mega Show in Secaucus, NJ today

Old September 20th 03, 10:48 PM
Tommy \2Lipz\

Default Super Mega Show in Secaucus, NJ today

Went this morning and had a mildly good time.

No show due to illness or commitments:
Suzanna Leigh - I almost bought an overprices "The Lost Continemt" poster
too - Whee
Larry Storch
Barney Martin
Raven
Charlotte Kemp
Anthony Daniels
Will Hutchins
Pat Priest - I wanted her
Davis Carradine - hung over most likely
Michael White
The Monkey Mobile

I met:
Dawn Wells. Signed (2) coconut cups and a coconut bra. Her assistant didn't
send a lot of the items she usually sells and I wanted to buy the jean
shorts. I was going to make a display case w/the coconut bra - crazy huh?
She signed a crappy pic of us together at the HCS in LA also. $20/ea yours
or hers, no breaks. Got her lip print in LA

Donna Douglas. Her agent recognized me from LA so she talked Donna into the
lip print or else I wouldn't have gotten it. She didn't want to do it at
1st. She signed a pic off her table color 8x10 head shot and a leggy bathing
suit pic ($4) I got from a dealer table. $20/ea yours or hers, no breaks.
Don't ask what the lip print cost cuz it's embarassing, but I am not gonna
quibble. BTW, she said she has never been asked before and has NEVER done a
lip print for ANYBODY. I got the only one so far and its signed to me me me.

Joanna Cameron. Signed pic from 'B.S. I Love You. B/W 8x10, bra and panties
shot of her on bed. She gets very few movie related items. She liked it. No
prob on the lip print if I bought a table photo. Fair enuf. My pic for $10
her for $20 and the lip was gratis - Whahoo! Or it was $15 for the pic and
$5 for the lip. I don't know, she said $20 - I paid.

Charlie Callas. Score for NG peep. Nice guy. Saw him on the MDA telethon. We
talked for about 20 minutes. He wasn't busy. $20 your or his, no breaks

Ted Dibasie. Score for NG peep, Nice guy. $10/ea your item. I didn't ask for
his item and not posted

Virgil. Score for NG peep. Too expensive. $20 yours or his. Prices not
posted. He just strikes me the wrong way for some reason. I don't what it
is.

Peter Tork. Score for NG peep. Nice but aloof. The item was for someone
else, but I got the impression he thought I was a dealer, as IF!

Lew Anderson, Betsey Palmer, Martha Smith and all others were $20. The same
agent and son combo representing Donna Douglas were there for William Katt
(very busy), Dody Goodman (nobody), Jill Whelan (nobody) so I will assume
that all were $20 per. Those peeps don't cut you any slack.

I have a wedding to got to this evening so I basically "ran" (yeah with my
knee as it is) in and out. In at 10:30 AM
and out by 2:00 PM. It wasn't crownded that much. Early on it was Katt and
Douglas, then by noon it died off to less than 4 in line or so. Maybe it
picked up after I left maybe someone else can fill in the rest of the story.

--
Tommy "2Lipz"
See my website http:\\lipprint.trippod.com

Old September 20th 03, 10:55 PM
CalRima

Sounds like you had a great time. I have never understood why Virgil, who does
a TON of shows, commands $20 for his autograph.

with respect,
Den

Old September 20th 03, 11:04 PM
DabWHIT

Congrats Tommy!

Aaron
Old September 20th 03, 11:30 PM
Beverwyk

I was at the show today too. Most of them were $20 each whether it was your
item or theirs...which I thought was very steep for most of these actors. But
many of them seemed to have the same management. I got Keith Thibodeaux
(Little Ricky), Soups Sales, Dody Goodman, Donna Douglas, Jill Whelan (Love
Boat), William Katt...all $20...and Dawn Wells...she only charged $5 if you had
your own photo. They were all super nice but poor Soupy didn't look so
good...didn't understand a word he said and have no idea what he wrote on my
photo. I would have liked to have gotten more, like Martha Smith and Betsy
Palmer, but not for $20 a piece.
~Patrick

Subject: Super Mega Show in Secaucus, NJ today

Old September 21st 03, 03:16 AM
Barefootmk

STOP PAYING $20 A PIECE FOR THESE PEOPLE. AND THE PRICES WILL GO DOWN. only pay
for the old ones as they may die. but you people keep giving away your
money...they will keep charging. and the prices will go up too. stop it.
Old September 21st 03, 08:16 AM
Todd F.

Nice score. Congrats!!! Thanks for the help .

Todd F.
--
Todd's Autograph Arena
http://www.toddsautographarena.com

Old September 21st 03, 09:26 AM
PIECUCH Sébastien

Agree with you. 20 dollars for an autograph is very expensive... There is no
business like show-business...

--
Sébastien,