Is this the Death or Rebirth of Cracked?

Old March 19th 05, 05:01 PM
MadFan

Default Is this the Death or Rebirth of Cracked?

My freind subscribes to Cracked and got a letter in the mail a few
weeks ago saying that the magazine was sold to a new bunch of owners
and that they were going to bring it back as a MONTHLY by the fall of
2005.

Does anyone have any info on this?

Me and my freind assumed that the mag was dead since it rarely came
out. The last I used to read Cracked was in the late 1990's, but then
whoever took it over really killed it.

It would be cool to see it come back.

Old March 19th 05, 05:32 PM
DaBergman

Dude- Cracked died a while ago...

This kook named Dick Kulpa who used to write for the alien tabloid rag
"Weekly Workd News" bought it and then proceeded to turn Cracked into
the Titanic.

I have not seen it on newsstands for years.

Kulpa is a stone-cold CRACKED killa!

Old March 19th 05, 10:27 PM
Mike and Carole

"DaBergman" wrote in message
oups.com...
Dude- Cracked died a while ago...

This kook named Dick Kulpa who used to write for the alien tabloid rag
"Weekly Workd News" bought it and then proceeded to turn Cracked into
the Titanic.

I have not seen it on newsstands for years.

Kulpa is a stone-cold CRACKED killa!

Over here at Shanda Fantasy Arts, we looked into producing CRACKED magazine
briefly, and talked to Kulpa, who seemed ...eh....very sure of himself and
needed no help or talent from our comic book company.

I saw it once at a Wal-Mart after that, but don't know anymore.

Mike

Old March 20th 05, 01:25 AM
DaBergman

Dude- Was he sure of himself or dillusional?

Because the kook sold it. He admits that after 4 years, a comics mag
was a tough business so he sold it to some suckers. I am posting the
article in a separate posting that references the STONE-COLD CRACKED
KILLAH!!

Old March 20th 05, 01:26 AM
Albert Giesbrecht

"MadFan" wrote in message
ups.com...

It would be cool to see it come back.

O Mi Gosh, Cracked(Sigh)! I used to read it in the 70's I had a mad crush
on Nanny Dickerson(You had to be there) I loved her stilettos! I threw all
of mine out, should have kept them.

Old March 20th 05, 03:41 AM
Mike and Carole

"DaBergman" wrote in message
oups.com...
Dude- Was he sure of himself or dillusional?

My phrase "sure of himself" was a kind word.

Mike

Old March 20th 05, 05:55 AM
D. D. Degg

My understanding is they had a tough go of it after
the World Weekly News building had an anthrax attack.
Kulpa,either sooner or later, took over as publisher.
Giving it a shot he managed four issues last year (2004).
This February he sold it to an Arabian who is trying
to start up a new international publishing/media empire.

Never read the Kulpa version.

D.D.Degg

Old March 20th 05, 05:56 AM
Albert Giesbrecht

"Albert Giesbrecht" wrote in message

"MadFan" wrote in message
ups.com...

I had a mad crush on Nanny Dickerson(You had to be there) I loved her
stilettos!

Sorry that should be Nanny Dickering!

Visaman

Old March 20th 05, 07:46 AM
StevenR

As usual, DDDegg is correct. Kulpa was an employee of the World Weekly
News and bought Cracked from them - and was operating it out of the WWN
building. when the WWN building was closed for almost a year - due to
anthrax - the stats and material for Cracked stayed in the building.
Once you're dead for almost a year, its hard to keep moving......
but yes several issues did come out in 2004
steven rowe

Old March 20th 05, 08:49 AM
Jeremy Henderson

On 19 Mar 2005 22:46:23 -0800, "StevenR" wrote:

As usual, DDDegg is correct. Kulpa was an employee of the World Weekly
News and bought Cracked from them - and was operating it out of the WWN
building. when the WWN building was closed for almost a year - due to
anthrax - the stats and material for Cracked stayed in the building.
Once you're dead for almost a year, its hard to keep moving......
but yes several issues did come out in 2004
steven rowe

It's Weekly World News, btw. And Cracked hadn't had an issue come out
for about 4 months before the anthrax attacks hit, so it seems the
magazine was in trouble even before that.
Life's a lot like a freak show,
Nobody laughs when they leave.
-The Residents, "Freak Show"