No More Ebay

Old November 14th 05, 10:01 PM

Default No More Ebay

I don't buy from eBay. Try Yahoo Auctions. No listing fees. No FVF
fees.

http://auctions.yahoo.com/

Old November 15th 05, 05:24 AM
No Body

On 14 Nov 2005 13:01:06 -0800, wrote:

I don't buy from eBay. Try Yahoo Auctions. No listing fees. No FVF
fees.

http://auctions.yahoo.com/

Finally....someone who agrees with me!!!!

Can someone explain to me why everyone is insisting on paying for a
service that is FREE on Yahoo? If your answer is "they get more
traffic" isn't that chicken and egg syndrome?

Yahoo's service is there ....personally I find it a lot easier to
navigate so I will use it. I don't like the fact that EBay seems to
have a monopoly on "Internet Auctions" because it is just wrong.
I think the fees they charge are ridiculous. I don't understand why
everybody seems to want to pay for this service. Did you you know
that the "insertion fee" for 1 item with a starting or reserve price
of under...get this UNDER one dollar......thats .99cents and lower....
is .30cents. Can you believe it thirty cents goes to EBAY whether or
NOT you sell your item. ADD it up and consider all the "thirty cents"
the have gotten from us folks. Why don't we switch to the guys who
will let us list and buy for free in a secure Paypal environment? I
am having trouble wrapping my head around this one. We are just
collectors trying to fund our passions and yet we fork out our money
to the rich folks who take the shirts off our back.
Thanks for letting me vent.
Old November 15th 05, 06:59 PM posted to rec.collecting

No Body wrote:
[...]

"Chicken and egg syndrome"
Thats the expression I was trying to think of.

Buyers go where the items are listed.

List on eBay and eBay will continue to raise their fees.

List on Yahoo. NO MORE FEES.

http://auctions.yahoo.com/

Old November 16th 05, 12:25 AM posted to rec.collecting

I would rather pay a fee then waste time on Yahoo where the volume of
sales is very low.

Old November 16th 05, 12:26 AM posted to rec.collecting

Are you a paid shill for Yahoo? This
message is showing up in a number
of usenet newsgroups.

Old November 16th 05, 04:58 AM posted to rec.collecting

stonej wrote:
Are you a paid shill for Yahoo? This
message is showing up in a number
of usenet newsgroups.

Are you a paid shill for eBay ?

I'm an unpaid shill for SELLERS (regardless of where you list).

Most eBay sellers are busting their butts to make minimum wage or less.

If eBay Sellers would take the time to move just half of their listings
to Yahoo,
eBay's stranglehold on auctions would come to an abrupt end.

Ebay would be bending over backwards and cutting fees to compete for
your listings.

Any profits loss from moving some of your items to Yahoo would be
regained
many times over once eBay started reducing their fees.

http://auctions.shopping.yahoo.com/

Old November 16th 05, 01:32 PM posted to rec.collecting

I think you are wasting your time trying to promote Yahoo. Most people
gave up on
them years ago.

Old November 16th 05, 08:25 PM posted to rec.collecting

stonej wrote:
I think you are wasting your time trying to promote Yahoo. Most people
gave up on
them years ago.

I think we are wasting our money paying eBay's fees when we could all
be
listing on Yahoo for free.

If eBay sellers could look past the next 3 to 7 days and move all or
part of
their listings to Yahoo, the buyers would follow within days, we would
be listing
for free, and eBay would be in a panic, slashing their fees.

Old November 16th 05, 10:08 PM posted to rec.collecting

If eBay sellers could look past the next 3 to 7 days and move all or
part of
their listings to Yahoo, the buyers would follow within days, we would
be listing
for free, and eBay would be in a panic, slashing their fees.

Probem is that buyers won't follow sellers to Yahoo, sellers get
discouraged and
move back to Ebay in a hurry.

Sellers want fast turnover of inventory, they are in the business to
make money, not
sit on their inventory with Yahoo doing nothing.

Old November 17th 05, 12:39 AM posted to rec.collecting

stonej wrote:
If eBay sellers could look past the next 3 to 7 days and move all or
part of
their listings to Yahoo, the buyers would follow within days, we would
be listing
for free, and eBay would be in a panic, slashing their fees.

Probem is that buyers won't follow sellers to Yahoo, sellers get
discouraged and
move back to Ebay in a hurry.

Sellers want fast turnover of inventory, they are in the business to
make money, not
sit on their inventory with Yahoo doing nothing.

Its a short term effort and small sacrifice for a HUGE pay off.
Ebay makes billions off sellers and continues to raise our fees.

I wish you well with your eBay sales. I believe you would benefit more
if you were paying less fees for listings that cost eBay pennies to
host.

Listing on eBay for a fast turnover is one thing. Arguing against any
effort
to break the eBay monopoly is not in your best interests as a seller.

CHARLIE NUDO AKA 66FOURDOOR: EBAY CROOK DeserTBoB 8 Track Tapes 16 October 24th 05 02:02 PM
Ebay autograph policy Gummby3 Autographs 0 April 16th 04 01:29 AM
do not forward OFF this group that Xlist dahoov2 Autographs 4 March 9th 04 04:45 AM
eBay spoofs John Yamamoto-Wilson Books 0 January 23rd 04 01:46 AM
eBay listing and reserve fees to skyrocket Feb. 1 Ira Stein Coins 16 January 7th 04 01:45 AM