Deeeeeeeeee Lay

Old February 27th 13, 04:49 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Sir F.A. Rien[_2_]

Default Deeeeeeeeee Lay

"We sincerely apologize for your experience. After an investigation,
we could not determine why the First-Class Mail piece took 20 days to
arrive at its destination. That is not a normal occurrence. We do
not know why there was a delay. The normal service standard for
First-Class Mail from Pennsylvania to Washington would be
approximately 5 days. Again, we apologize that we are unable to
provide a reason for this delay."

But of course, they'll still charge full rate and surcharges ... !
Old February 27th 13, 07:07 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Bill Sharpe[_2_]

Sir F.A. Rien wrote in
:

"We sincerely apologize for your experience. After an investigation,
we could not determine why the First-Class Mail piece took 20 days to
arrive at its destination. That is not a normal occurrence. We do
not know why there was a delay. The normal service standard for
First-Class Mail from Pennsylvania to Washington would be
approximately 5 days. Again, we apologize that we are unable to
provide a reason for this delay."

But of course, they'll still charge full rate and surcharges ... !

Five days normal delivery time seems long for first class mail. But what
surcharges are you talking about?

I had a bill from my dentist right here in town that took two weeks to
get to me a couple year ago.

Bill
Old February 27th 13, 10:39 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Victor Manta

"Sir F.A. Rien" wrote in message
"We sincerely apologize for your experience. After an investigation,
we could not determine why the First-Class Mail piece took 20 days to
arrive at its destination. That is not a normal occurrence. We do
not know why there was a delay. The normal service standard for
First-Class Mail from Pennsylvania to Washington would be
approximately 5 days. Again, we apologize that we are unable to
provide a reason for this delay."

But of course, they'll still charge full rate and surcharges ... !

"First-Class Mail® : Estimated delivery time is two to three days."

Source USPS:
http://faq.usps.com/eCustomer/iq/usps/request.do?create=kb:USPSFAQ&view%28%29=c{12adaeb0-57e2-11dc-51b6-000000000000}

The difference between the "estimated delivery time" and the "normal service
standard" is interesting! Of course, the "approximately" and the "Guaranted
= No" allows for anything in between and outside any limits.

--
Victor Manta, PWO, AIJP

Philatelic Webmasters Organization: http://pwmo.org/
Art on Stamps: http://artonstamps.org/
Romania by Stamps: http://marci-postale.com/

Old February 28th 13, 04:31 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Sir F.A. Rien[_2_]

But of course, they'll still charge full rate and surcharges ... !
Five days normal delivery time seems long for first class mail. But what
surcharges are you talking about?

Shape/size, non machinable.

I had a bill from my dentist right here in town that took two weeks to
get to me a couple year ago.

Yeah, well was it TRACKED? This was!

Main point is that two sendings, one Media, one First, the first left
a week before the media and arrived almost a week after!

10 oz on the first and 4# on the media, but it got better service.

Old February 28th 13, 04:32 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Sir F.A. Rien[_2_]

"First-Class Mail® : Estimated delivery time is two to three days."

Source USPS:
http://faq.usps.com/eCustomer/iq/usps/request.do?create=kb:USPSFAQ&view%28%29=c{12adaeb0-57e2-11dc-51b6-000000000000}

The difference between the "estimated delivery time" and the "normal service
standard" is interesting! Of course, the "approximately" and the "Guaranted
= No" allows for anything in between and outside any limits.

Well, whoopie gold berg!

Guess you didn't -=read=- the quote FROM the USPS I posted ...

Old March 3rd 13, 05:12 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Victor Manta

"Sir F.A. Rien" wrote in message
"First-Class Mail® : Estimated delivery time is two to three days."

Source USPS:
http://faq.usps.com/eCustomer/iq/usps/request.do?create=kb:USPSFAQ&view%28%29=c{12adaeb0-57e2-11dc-51b6-000000000000}

The difference between the "estimated delivery time" and the "normal
service
standard" is interesting! Of course, the "approximately" and the
"Guaranted
= No" allows for anything in between and outside any limits.

Well, whoopie gold berg!

Guess you didn't -=read=- the quote FROM the USPS I posted ...

Wrong guess, I did read your quote from USPS, and when answering I resumed
it. Because you didn't leave it in your last posting the context got lost.

I repost your quotation below to show that there is no much difference
between both quotations, each of them avoiding the USPS responsibility for
the delays of the First-Class Mail.