Collectible Books

Old September 11th 12, 08:03 PM
bluebutterfly bluebutterfly is offline
Junior Member

Default Collectible Books

Hi all,
This is my first post here, just want to say hello! I'm not a professional collector of books, but have kept tons of books over the years, some are collectible/valuable and I am somewhat at my wit's end as to where to list them or put them out there. I've looked at lots of book forums and most don't seem very active or get minimal responses. Anyway, just putting the info out there for anyone interested. You can reach me via PM or at the seller's link at blujay. Here's the link plus a general list of things i have in my collection. I would like to sell so make me an offer or point me in the right direction! Thanks!

Bluejay Link:
http://www.blujay.com/?page=profile&...me=vintagerama

Here's a longer list of more titles i have, thanks for looking! I'm open to offers.

1. Title: Annie Allen
Author: Gwendolyn Brooks
Publisher: Harpers & Brothers
copyright 1945, 1949
This book indicates that it is a First Edition
Condition: Very good, small black hardback of poetry by Pulitzer Prize winning author, the pages are clean, unmarked, binding seems tight. No dust jacket.

2. Title: DeWitt's Forget Me Not Songster, 250 Sentimental Songs
Publisher: New York: Robert M. DeWitt, Publisher
Date of publication - appears to be 1872
Condition: This is a small hardback that for its age seems to be in very good condition. The binding is holding well, owner's names on inside cover. No dust jacket.

3. Title: The Awdrey-Gore Legacy
Author: Edward Gorey
Publisher: Dodd, Mead and Company
Third Printing
Hardback, copyright 1973
Condition: Book jacket shows some wear. Book itself on the outside has some wear, but the pages are clean and crisp. Great artwork, fascinating book by Gorey.

4. Title: Vanity Will Get You Somewhere, an Autobiograhy by Joseph Cotten
Author: Joseph Cotten
This is an uncorrected page proof of well-known actor Joseph Cotten's autobiography
Paperback distributed to the trade by Kampmann & Co.
Copyright 1987
Publisher: Mercury House, San Francisco
Contains an interoffice memo in the back of the book from Larry Norton of Kampmann & Co to the sales force stating that this is a galley and other pertinent details regarding the publication. Also has a pasted review on the back cover, "Advance Praise For Vanity Will Get You Somewhere".
Condition: very good, minor wear

5. Title: The Evening Hours
Author: Emile Verhaeren
Publisher; John Lane Company, New York
copyright 1918
hardback, no dust jacket
Condition: very good, binding is tight, pages are clean and unmarked.

7. Title: Holmes' Poems
Author: Oliver W. Holmes
Publisher: Henry Altemus Company, Philadelphia
Copyright: I was unable to determine a copyright or publication date on this book. it's an old book, hardback, red, with a picture of a lighthouse on the front rimmed with gold imprinted flowers. Seems to be in good condition, pages are tight, no markings inside

8. Title: Through The Magic Gate
Author and Illustrator: Jiri Trnka
Publisher: Designed and produced by Artia for Golden Pleasure Books, Westbook House, London, Printed in Czechoslavakia
Copyright 1962 by Artia
This is a charming and unusual children's book with lovely artwork. Not many copies seem to come up when I do a search at Blblio, etc. leading me to believe it is somewhat rare or not a lot of copies out there.
Condition: Hardback. Dust jacket shows wear. Pages of the book itself are in very good condition, look almost unused/unread. Bottom edges of book appear somewhat worn.

9. Title: The Camping Spree of Kiddies Three
Author: Helen Dods, Pictured by Margaret Evans Price
Publisher: 1916 by Stecher Lith. Co.
Condition: this is a lithograph, shows wear and some minor water stains but is holding together okay considering its age. The artwork is charming, colors stll vibrant, no markings or other scribbles anywhere on the individual pages which are lovely and readable. . No torn pages. Some detachment away at the top abd bottom portion of the binding but seems to be holding otherwise.

10. Title: Autobiography of Benjamin Franklin
Author: Benjamin Franklin
Publisher: MacMillans Pocket Series Of English Classics
publication date: appears to be 1905
Condition: this is a hardback pocket edition, in mediocre condition, binding pulling away somewhat, no dust jacket.

11. Title: Puella Mea
Author: E.E. Cummings
Publisher: could not locate the publisher stated anywhere on the book
Copyright: 1923?
Hardback
No dust jacket
This edition contains Picasso prints/drawings... stylish and unique
Front cover shows a gilt/gold Picasso or Picasso-esque drawing. Beautiful little book of poetry whicih seems to be in very good condition.

12. Title: The Secret Of Light
Author: Walter Russell
Limited Autographed Edition DeLuxe
Carnegie Hall, New York
Copyright 1947, this is probably a First Edition. Not stated as such, but from my research it most likely is.
Hardback, no dust jacket
This is a book of mysticism/esoteric discussion, inscribed and autographed by the author.
Condition: Very good, binding is good, pages are clean, unmarked.