Parker Pencil ID

Old May 28th 06, 10:30 AM posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils

Default Parker Pencil ID

Dear Group,

After being so helpful with my Parker 65 I wonder would you try your
hand with my wife's pencil (bought in the mid '70s). As you can see
from the rather blurry pictures at http://www.flickr.com/photos/mike_l1/
she has recently lost the little fitting that screws on over the point.

Does anyone think that she has any chance of replacing it? The clutch
mechanism is also a bit unreliable. Is that fixable?

Thanks again,

Mike
Old May 28th 06, 06:44 PM posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils

Mike Doe wrote:

After being so helpful with my Parker 65 I wonder would you try
your hand with my wife's pencil (bought in the mid '70s). As
you can see from the rather blurry pictures at
http://www.flickr.com/photos/mike_l1/ she has recently lost the
little fitting that screws on over the point.

Does anyone think that she has any chance of replacing it? The
clutch mechanism is also a bit unreliable. Is that fixable?

I don't know about fixing it. It looks like it might be a Parker 51
pencil. Look at the pictures on this page:

http://www.vintagepens.com/catill_Parker_pencils.shtml

See also:

http://www.vintagepens.com/pen_repair.shtml

--
Steve

My e-mail address works as is.
Old May 29th 06, 03:51 PM posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils

Pendemonium (http://www.pendemonium.com) has several Parker 51 pencils
available for between $30 and $50. I don't know whether anyone can fix
your wife's mechanical pencil or not, but you could replace it pretty
easily.

No business relationship to Pendemonium, other than being a satisfied
regular customer for two years.

Old May 30th 06, 01:55 AM posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils

Mike Doe wrote:
.... my wife's pencil (bought in the mid
'70s). ... she has recently lost the
little fitting that screws on over the
point. Does anyone think that she has any
chance of replacing it? The clutch
mechanism is also a bit unreliable. Is
that fixable?

It's eminently fixable because nothing is broken. You just need a
replacement part, that's all. The clutch mechanism can probably
be fixed, but if not, that part can be replaced too. I'd suggest
you contact someone who sells and services Parkers... somebody
like Joel Hamilton or Mike McConnell. Let them know what you have
and what you're looking for (spare part, repair) and they'll tell
you whether they can repair the pencil for less than you could
buy another one. You can reach Joel via his website
http://www.ink-pen.com/. Mike's website is at
http://www.wetinc.com/pens/. I know both personally and can vouch
for their integrity and expertise. Parts are out there, the
problem is locating them on the net. -- B