A collecting forum. CollectingBanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » CollectingBanter forum » Collecting newsgroups » Pens & Pencils
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

Four Hue pencil

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old September 19th 08, 05:40 PM

First recorded activity by CollectingBanter: Sep 2008
Default Four Hue pencil

Hello folks,

I notice there have been some previous thoughts about four-colour pencils...please forgive me if I am going over old ground.

I have a pencil marked "FOUR HUE" "Made in England"..with spare coloured leads in the barrel...and the mechanism strikes me as being both clever and unusual.

If you turn the top of the pencil it works like an ordinary propelling pencil - moving the lead in and out but - if you fully withdraw the lead and then continuing turning, the mechanism clicks and will then produce a different coloured lead. You can do this sequencially and produce the four different colours - each of which will operate as a normal propelling pencil.

There is no other name or mark on the pencil, which is chrome finish and machine patterned in alternating panels.

Can anyone enlighten me about this unusual pencil (if indeed it is unusual). Age, maker, value etc. I would be most grateful

Thanks in anticipation.

William