Apollo coins from Franklin Mint

Old July 3rd 03, 08:35 PM
Richard Turner

Default Apollo coins from Franklin Mint

Greetings,

I am new to this list. I am blind, so am looking for some very basic
help. I have a set of the Apollo coins put out by the Franklin Mint
in the 1960s/1970s. Where would I go to find out if they are worth
anything? I also have some old silver dollars from the 1880s and
other miscellaneous commemorative coins. Any tips on where to go to
get information would be appreciated. Books, web sites, whatever. My
wife is sighted, so if it is a matter of finding a book, she can deal
with that.

Thanks in advance.
Richard

Old July 3rd 03, 11:58 PM
Michael Jacobs

Last book I know of published for Franklin Mint stuff was the "Guidebook of
Franklin Mint Issues" 1981 Edition by Chester L. Krause.

need better details on the exact set you have, some 16-18 different "Apollo"
space program items were issued!!

as for other item you have my online buy list might assist! Links are on our
home page!

Thanks
Michael Jacobs
Jake's Marketplace, Inc.
www.jakesmp.com

Old July 4th 03, 12:08 AM
Nick Knight

In , on 07/03/2003
at 05:58 PM, "Michael Jacobs" said:

Last book I know of published for Franklin Mint stuff was the "Guidebook of
Franklin Mint Issues" 1981 Edition by Chester L. Krause.

I have an edition from 1982, and when I purchased it, I understood that IT
was the last year of publications. Ok, ok, so anyone have an '83?

Nick
Old July 4th 03, 03:53 AM
Nick Knight

In , on 07/03/2003
at 09:16 PM, "Jorg Lueke" said:

Last book I know of published for Franklin Mint stuff was the "Guidebook
Franklin Mint Issues" 1981 Edition by Chester L. Krause.

I have an edition from 1982, and when I purchased it, I understood that IT
was the last year of publications. Ok, ok, so anyone have an '83?

You have a Krause from 1982 or a Culver?

Don't know about the other reference but I have:

Guidebook of Franklin Mint Issues
1982 Edition
by Chester L Krause

ISBN: 087341-013-0

Paperback, 334 pages. My copy is an EX-Library example.

Well, he wait ... scanning

http://www.mr2ice.com/coins/fmcat.jpg

Nick