Assuming you win the $175,000,000 Megamillion$ Lottery tonight ...

Old July 1st 03, 01:54 AM
Coingrader

Default Assuming you win the $175,000,000 Megamillion$ Lottery tonight ...

I would buy every coin graded by all the other grading companies ( or till I
ran out of money) and have them all slabed by ACG ... for their real grade.
Then I would save just enough money to buy all the Puppet Master's toned silver
dollars and crack them out of their slabs and have them graded by ACG for a
real grade.

I would do that and laugh and laugh. I would even leave positive feed back.

The CoinGrader
Old July 1st 03, 06:15 PM
Coin Saver

From: coingrader

would buy every coin graded by all the other grading companies and have them

all slabed by ACG

you really are sick, you know.

8-(
Coin Saver
Old July 2nd 03, 11:25 PM
Phil DeMayo

haw (Jerry Dennis) wrote:

The $44 million figure I mentioned comes from the NY Lottery's figures,

thusly:

It turns out your calculations were a bit on the low side (see below)

To payout any NY State Lottery, the commission must have 1/2 of
the advertised prize in cash/on deposit (in this case, $87.5 million).

Lottery lump sum payouts are equal to the amount of money they have on hand to
pay for the annuity and is generally in the neighborhood of 55%....(depends on
the length of the annuity).

The estimated annuity value of tonight's Powerball jackpot is currently
$165,000,000 with an estimated lump sum payout of $94,100,100. That equates to
almost 57%.....because their annuity is paid out over 29 years after an initial
immediate payment....total 30 payments.

Federal and State taxes (What? You think NY would let anything go
without a tax of some sort?) account for roughly 1/2 (about 40%
Federal and 10% State)

In Connecticut the lottery commission currently witholds 27% Federal taxes and
the full 4.5% state income tax for a total of 31.5%. This figure will be going
up about a 1/2 percent due to the uncertainty at present as to whether or not
the state legislature will be raising the state income tax on higher incomes.

As for the subject MegaMillions jackpot....the winner came forward today. The
jackpot ended up at $183,000,000 and after taxes the lump sum payout was
$76,000,000.

As I typed the above....CNN just said the lump sum before taxes was
$112,000,000....about 61% of the annuity value. That means Maryland withheld
about 32% to arrive at the $76,000,000 figure.

++++++++++
Phil DeMayo - always here for my fellow Stooge
When bidding online always sit on your helmet
Just say NO to counterfeits
Old July 2nd 03, 11:35 PM
Phil DeMayo

a few minutes ago I responded to Jerry Dennis....and I add:

Jerry Dennis wrote in part:

Federal and State taxes (What? You think NY would let anything
go without a tax of some sort?) account for roughly 1/2 (about 40%
Federal and 10% State)

I tell you....if I lived in New York and hit a jackpot such as this, I would
move to another MegaMillions state before cashing the ticket.

The difference in state income tax would pay for the move, a real nice house
and probably some sweet coins.

++++++++++
Old July 4th 03, 01:37 AM
John DeBoo

Jerry Dennis wrote in part:

Federal and State taxes (What? You think NY would let anything
go without a tax of some sort?) account for roughly 1/2 (about 40%
Federal and 10% State)

I tell you....if I lived in New York and hit a jackpot such as this, I would
move to another MegaMillions state before cashing the ticket.

The difference in state income tax would pay for the move, a real nice house
and probably some sweet coins.

If I won such a thing I'd not buy any coins with it (well, maybe a
few to complete the 8 or so holes in my cent collection) as coin
collecting is a hobby for me, meaning its fun. If I started
purchasing flawless coins it would fast lose its fun and excitement.