My first "lost in its way to the post" incident in 12 years buying on eBay...

Old May 27th 12, 04:55 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
gogu[_10_]

Default My first "lost in its way to the post" incident in 12 years buying on eBay...

A few days ago I bought two lots-three MSs from a Chinese (Hong Kong) seller
(one lot BIN and the other one "make an offer" which he accepted).
Paid in the next half an hour and waited to see my stamps marked "shipped
the....".
Today I received a mail through ebay system stating the following:
"...Dear sir, so sorry to let you know that the items are lost.
yesterday, when i went to the post office by bus, i have lost several
letters, i had reported to the lost and found, but until this morning, i do
not get any responsed of the the letters, i think somebody was took it. so
sorry for i do not have another 2 sets to replace the lost items, i only can
do is fully refund your paymant and feeling so sorry for my mistake. wish we
can deal again in the future.
again, thanks for your business and sorry for my faults.
best regards!..."!
Now I am not so sure that my stamps where lost on their way to the PO (!!!)
but I can't be either sure that the seller is a fraud since he refunded
payment.
What is your opinion?
Did he act this way because he realized that maybe he can sell those stamps
at a better price (it was no big deal anyway, a lot of $6.00 and another one
of $4.00)?...
Should I report this behavior to eBay?

TIA

Old May 27th 12, 07:56 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Blair (TC)

On Sunday, 27 May 2012 11:55:55 UTC-4, gogu wrote:
[...]

Since he rapidly offered a refund, without you asking,
and offered you a future deal, I would say that he is
honest.

Blair