New Zealand ~ Seek railway ID.

Old April 27th 09, 02:03 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
rodney

Default New Zealand ~ Seek railway ID.

I have cancelation "OTARI RAILWAY" (4th Oct 2002) which I cannot
locate any info.
I noticed in SG "Collect Railways on stamps" that Tramways are included,
and wondered if perhaps Otari has a tramway.

Any Ideas?

Thanks.

Old April 27th 09, 02:51 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Tony Vella

Hello Rod.

This is a just-in-case offer !!!
If your cancellation is not 100% clear and definite, I know there is an
OTAKI RAILWAY in New Zealand. If, on the other hand, your cancel is
definitely OTARI, then please ignore.
--
Tony Vella
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

Old April 27th 09, 03:00 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
rodney

Ahhh Tony,
what colour is vermillion?
I am looking in the mirror and the reflection is of a similar hue

You are most observant and very helpful.
Thanks a bunch.

Old April 27th 09, 03:52 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Blair[_2_]

"rodney" wrote in message

I have cancelation "OTARI RAILWAY" *(4th Oct 2002) which I cannot
locate any info.
I noticed in SG "Collect Railways on stamps" that Tramways are included,
and wondered if perhaps Otari has a tramway.

Any Ideas?

Thanks.

Here some covers from the Otaki Railway.
I suspect this stamp dealer generates quite a bit of theire mail
http://www.finestamps.net/pics/lot2008640.jpg
http://www.finestamps.net/pics/lot2008639.jpg
http://www.kadine.com/Merchant2/grap...01/AL11015.jpg

Here is a Otaki Rwy slogan cancel
http://www.finestamps.net/pics/lot2008636.jpg

The growing Otaki Railway Shops complex
undoubtedly supplies a lot of mail bearing this cancel.
http://www.wotzon.com/profilepage.html?comp_id=1002704

Here is the railway station in 1911
http://timeframes.natlib.govt.nz/log...image_ob ject

Here is the railway station in 1939
http://www.nzetc.org/etexts/Gov14_07...07Rail028b.jpg

Blair
Old April 27th 09, 05:31 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Gazza

Otaki is the town - the former railway station building is now host to a
stamp dealer. As with others their mail often uses old stock for postage.

Old April 27th 09, 06:00 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Rodney

All was revealed!
thanks Blair, Gazza.

My example was a multiple stamp cut piece.

Neat 360 degree vision of Otaki, could be any minor
town in Australia too, very similar views.

"Blair"

Seek ID 15k. rodney General Discussion 6 March 31st 09 08:55 PM
Seek ID 15k. rodney General Discussion 0 March 31st 09 03:11 PM
Seek Stamp ID please. Rodney General Discussion 42 June 23rd 05 01:05 AM
Seek and Ye Shall Find amesh \(Mette\) General Discussion 0 September 4th 04 11:21 AM
Playoff One on One 95-96 96-97 SEEK OnkBeavis Hockey 0 December 29th 03 06:46 PM