Image theft on my auction

Old August 8th 07, 09:07 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
PC[_2_]

Default Image theft on my auction

I am not sure if I should be flattered by the imitation or what but my
2006-W ASE coin auction photo has been used by another seller. It is an OK
photo but not like the quality of Ira Stein or Eric Tillery.

Here is an auction with the lifted photo.

And one of my auctions for reference:

I sent him a note kindly asking him to change the pictures. We'll see what
happens.

Old August 8th 07, 12:13 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Ukraina Dvi

"PC" wrote in message
I am not sure if I should be flattered by the imitation or what but my
2006-W ASE coin auction photo has been used by another seller. It is an OK
photo but not like the quality of Ira Stein or Eric Tillery.

Here is an auction with the lifted photo.

And one of my auctions for reference:

I sent him a note kindly asking him to change the pictures. We'll see
what happens.

Just so you know, it is a reportable to eBay offence, and can result in
their auction being shuttered...

Old August 8th 07, 05:23 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
jim menning

"PC" wrote in message
I am not sure if I should be flattered by the imitation or what but my 2006-W ASE
coin auction photo has been used by another seller. It is an OK photo but not like
the quality of Ira Stein or Eric Tillery.

Here is an auction with the lifted photo.

And one of my auctions for reference:

I sent him a note kindly asking him to change the pictures. We'll see what
happens.

I like this disclaimer in the listing: "Due to the fact that coins can be switched I
can not accept returns on this item."

Looks like he can sell crap, and if a buyer tries to return it, it definitely won't
match the coin (yours) pictured in the listing.

One of his other feedbacks makes it appear he's not doing something quite ethical,
see the one from July 27th of this year.

He looks like he's a bad boy. Report him. And make sure you put him on your blocked
bidder list. He may be trouble.

Old August 8th 07, 06:19 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
PC[_2_]

"jim menning" wrote in message

He looks like he's a bad boy. Report him. And make sure you put him on
your blocked bidder list. He may be trouble.

It turns out not only has he taken my image but he bought some of his coins
from me! His response when I asked him to remove the pictures: "Im sorry we
bought the coins from you and we are re-selling them. I just did not see
the use of retaking pictures, since we are selling the same coins.".

Uh... ? Can you say, "weak"? I'll give him one more chance and then I am
filing a report.

Old August 8th 07, 10:09 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
[email protected]

On Aug 8, 10:19 am, "PC" wrote:
"jim menning" wrote in message

He looks like he's a bad boy. Report him. And make sure you put him on
your blocked bidder list. He may be trouble.

It turns out not only has he taken my image but he bought some of his coins
from me! His response when I asked him to remove the pictures: "Im sorry we
bought the coins from you and we are re-selling them. I just did not see
the use of retaking pictures, since we are selling the same coins.".

Uh... ? Can you say, "weak"? I'll give him one more chance and then I am
filing a report.

After further review, I don't see anything wrong with what the guy is
doing if he did buy the item from you and is selling the same item.
Speaking of which, by the same token, do you use the same photo for
all of your SAEs?

Mike

Old August 8th 07, 11:02 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
PC[_2_]

wrote in message
ps.com...
On Aug 8, 10:19 am, "PC" wrote:
"jim menning" wrote in message

He looks like he's a bad boy. Report him. And make sure you put him
on
your blocked bidder list. He may be trouble.

It turns out not only has he taken my image but he bought some of his
coins
from me! His response when I asked him to remove the pictures: "Im sorry
we
bought the coins from you and we are re-selling them. I just did not see
the use of retaking pictures, since we are selling the same coins.".

Uh... ? Can you say, "weak"? I'll give him one more chance and then I
am
filing a report.

After further review, I don't see anything wrong with what the guy is
doing if he did buy the item from you and is selling the same item.

I feel he bought a coin from me - not an image of the coin. If he wants to
make his own image then I have no problem with that. I believe the image
attracts attention to my auctions and therefore gives my auctions an
advantage.

Speaking of which, by the same token, do you use the same photo for
all of your SAEs?

It is a stock photo - I use the same photo for all my 2006-W Proof ASEs. He
is aware of this as he is using the photo in multiple auctions. They may
not even be the ones he bought from me..

Old August 9th 07, 05:46 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
KingPin

Content and Picture Theft

eBay members are not allowed to use another eBay member's pictures or
content in their reviews or guides without the other member's
permission.

Violations of this policy may result in a range of actions, including:

Review or guide cancellation
Listing cancellation
Forfeit of eBay fees on cancelled listings
Limits on account privileges
Loss of PowerSeller status
Account suspension

--Marc

In article ,
says...

Old August 9th 07, 06:08 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
PC[_2_]

"Michael Ng" wrote in message

Hmm

Indeed.

Old August 9th 07, 06:30 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Michael Ng

PC wrote:

"Michael Ng" wrote in message

Hmm