Formerly my auctions

Old August 31st 07, 05:17 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Michael Ng

Default Formerly my auctions

Just making a comment.

They are both the same coin.
Old August 31st 07, 03:14 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
justicecow

On Aug 31, 12:17 am, Michael Ng wrote:

Just making a comment.

They are both the same coin.

buyers for the most part seem to resist "buy it now"s.

Old August 31st 07, 03:22 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
[email protected]

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...=330154568589h...

Just making a comment.

They are both the same coin.

buyers for the most part seem to resist "buy it now"s.

I find it interesting that between the two auctions the quality
jumped from F12 to VF25... what a difference a week makes.

Les
http://life-of-coins.blogspot.com/

Old August 31st 07, 03:27 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Mr. Jaggers

wrote in message
oups.com...
On Aug 31, 10:14 am, justicecow wrote:
On Aug 31, 12:17 am, Michael Ng wrote:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...=330154568589h...

Just making a comment.

They are both the same coin.

buyers for the most part seem to resist "buy it now"s.

I find it interesting that between the two auctions the quality
jumped from F12 to VF25... what a difference a week makes.

For the extra money you get a picture of the slab.

James

Old August 31st 07, 06:49 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Bill Krummel

"Michael Ng" wrote in message

I can understand the no bids here. Had I been in the market for that coin
and ran across the auction, I would have agreed with the seller's grade of
Fine but I would have been very nervous that the seller seemed embarassed or
ashamed of the grading company, even though I would also see that the
plastic that is showing looks like NGC. Still, I once bought a
misattributed 42/1 and would not trust an mystery grading company, nor would
I accept the seller's idea (not knowing the seller was Mike, of course) of a
"leading 3rd party grading company"

I understand the bid, although I feel NGC was generous with the VF25 grade,
considering the image shows a seemingly sizeable smooth spot on the vertical
lines of the fasces. Still, the winning bid was within the GS bid/ask range
for a Fine (not much of a price spread between F and VF) and a potential
bidder can feel relatively secure knowing that NGC has authenticated the
coin.

Just making a comment.

Interesting. Or should I say hmmmm? Bill

They are both the same coin.

Old August 31st 07, 06:55 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
[email protected]

I understand the bid, although I feel NGC was generous with the VF25 grade,
considering the image shows a seemingly sizeable smooth spot on the vertical
lines of the fasces. Still, the winning bid was within the GS bid/ask range
for a Fine (not much of a price spread between F and VF) and a potential
bidder can feel relatively secure knowing that NGC has authenticated the
coin.

What is further interesting is that this is a crossover from a PCGS
VF25 too.

Mike

Old September 3rd 07, 01:57 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Frank Provasek

"Bill Krummel" wrote in message
a potential bidder can feel relatively secure knowing that NGC has
authenticated the coin.

There are dangerous die struck counterfeits of this coin, and it's fairly
easy to scrape some metal off the 2 into a fake remant of a 1 underneath the
2. Much easier than trying to change a digit in the date to a completely
different number.