WURLITZER 2300S ASSISTANCE

Old August 17th 04, 12:15 AM
Walt Burke

Default WURLITZER 2300S ASSISTANCE

First let me say that I'm a pinball collector and know nothing about
jukeboxes. I have a friend that acquired a Wurlitzer 2300S
stereophonic juke at an auction.

He said it played fine while at the show but that when the auction
guys loaded it up for delivery they laid it on it's side for
transport. When he got home the machine would power up and try to
retrieve a record but was unsuccessful.

I went and looked at it, pulled the back off and saw no obvious
problems (I thought maybe there would be linkage hanging or
something). When you press the buttons for record selection the large
wheel inside tries to turn but doesn't move much and no record gets
selected. If I press the reset button in the back the machine will
rotate and depress the buttons down.

He can't get the local ops to come look at it, and I really don't do
EM stuff. Any ideas what I can do to help him. He's a really nice
older gentleman and I would really like to help him out.

Thanks in advance,

Walt
Old August 17th 04, 02:02 AM
Keith Stelter

Hi Walt!
Where are you located?
If you are close I could take a look at it (no charge of course).
Try removing and reinserting all of the large plugs that run from the
selection button area to the mechanism. I believe that there are 3 of them.
If you are lucky that will solve the problem. it usually does in 75% of the
cases where a Wurlitzer of that era has been moved.
Let us know if that does or doesn't work and we can go from there!

om...

Old August 18th 04, 12:35 AM
vapinguy

The juke is in Gloucester, VA at the gentlemans house. He's been out of town
but I'm going to leave a message on his machine and go check the connectors
you mentioned when he gets back. He's a new widow so he's been traveling to
spend time with his kids. I'll post again after I try that. BTW I'm just
doing this for him as a friend, no money involved on my part.

"Keith Stelter" wrote in message
Hi Walt!
Where are you located?
If you are close I could take a look at it (no charge of course).
Try removing and reinserting all of the large plugs that run from the
selection button area to the mechanism. I believe that there are 3 of

them.
If you are lucky that will solve the problem. it usually does in 75% of

the
cases where a Wurlitzer of that era has been moved.
Let us know if that does or doesn't work and we can go from there!

om...

Old August 18th 04, 12:29 PM
Leon

Hi, inside the machine under the records you see a large weel with 100
little fingers sticking out ,when you pushun the side of these fingers these
will jump upwards .. these are the selection- fingers..Normally from the
moment one is up the records will turn to search for the finger that is
up^and select that record..
Normally it is the push buttons that select a finger , but as you can do it
maually, this can help you to figure out if it's the selection using the
selection buttons that is not working or the search that is not working
afther a finger is up.( because you have manually pushed up a finger..)

Leon
"vapingu1y" schreef in bericht
[...]

om...

Old August 18th 04, 08:32 PM
paul

I live over in Suffolk, send me a message and I'll try to help....Paul
beantown65at yahoo,,,you know the rest

vapinguy wrote:

[...]

om...

Old November 10th 06, 06:49 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
bazmo

check service switch

Old November 11th 06, 11:14 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
bazmo

Have you checked the service switch etc.