Quasi-tissue guards?

Old July 7th 06, 04:23 AM posted to rec.collecting.books
Kris Baker

Default Quasi-tissue guards?

"my-wings" wrote in message

"Kris Baker" wrote in message
.com...

"my-wings" wrote in message

snip

I know that I, for one, shall be keeping my spiderweb'd glassine barrier
sheets because they're just too cool not to!

Alice

I've seen books with darkened areas that match the left-in preservative
sheet.
I always thought they were there just to prevent ink transfer on slower-
drying inks of the past.
Is yours bound-in? If not, it could be de-acified.

Kris
Sorry for my bad joke
Sometimes.....

Well, I have to confess that your joke brought to mind a little ditty
about weapons and guns that a former Marine told me...Something about one
being used for pleasure and fun and the other being used to protect the
first. Only his rhymed, of course. Which gives the title of my book: *Gun
Engraving Review* a whole different twist...

Alice

I think I've heard that one (my Dad was a Marine, 6th Marine
Division, WWII).

You know why some guns have grooves inside the barrel?
It's more pleasurable for the bullet.

Kris
I'll go now....

Old July 7th 06, 11:53 AM posted to rec.collecting.books
Bob

Sam wrote:
Why must you respond to every spam BOB?

I don't, I just enjoy pointing out the hypocrisy of Kris Baker.
Perhaps you should improve your reading comprehension skills.

Old July 7th 06, 02:50 PM posted to rec.collecting.books
Sam

Bob wrote:

I don't, I just enjoy pointing out the hypocrisy of Kris Baker.
Perhaps you should improve your reading comprehension skills.

Perhaps you should improve your memorization skills. I just copied
your message to Kris and substituted BOB for Kris. Does this look
familiar:

"" poet are complete crazy""

" u r rite""

"Why must you respond to every spam Kris? OCD?
Or just the empty life of a fat-assed busybody?"