2004 Platinum Eagle Question

Old December 23rd 04, 02:15 PM
JB

Does the mint publish mintage figures for Proof Platinum Eagles? -JB

On 16 Dec 2004 14:48:01 GMT, haw (Jerry Dennis)
wrote:

I don't know if actual mintage figures are available, but here's the Mint's
link to PAE sales totals:

http://www.usmint.gov/mint_programs/...m?action=sales
&year=2004#PlatinumTotals

or

http://tinyurl.com/63g7u

One thing to keep in mind when looking for any mintages is to use the keyword
"Production Figure." Apparently the Mint doesn't use the word "mintage."

Jerry

"JBJ" writes:

Wouldn't the higher denomination Platinum Eagles Proofs have even
lower mintage amounts? Where do you find that info at? JB

On 2 Dec 2004 10:27:22 -0800, (Tom DeLorey) wrote:

The Mint is showing 13,000 as the mintage of 1/10th platinum eagles
for Jan-Nov., 2004. Add in the 2,000 pieces sold in Dec., 2003
(advance orders for 2004 product) and you get an unofficial mintage of
15,000 2004-dated 1/10 platinum eagles.
Tom DeLorey

(Shystev99) wrote in message

It shows the sales totals (so far) of the bullion platinum eagles in

various
sizes. However, I don't know if they are all necessarily dated 2004, or
whether
more will be struck before year's end.

Yeah that was one of the things I was looking at before that kind of fed

my
confusion as opposed to helping it. lol The chart says 13,000 coins sold

date for the 1/10th ounce but it never really stated if they were Proof

coins
or MS coins, It just said Bullion Platinum Eagle sales.

I think it's a pretty safe assumption though that they probably wouldn't

be
making or minting anymore 2004 eagles this late in the year so if those

sales
numbers of 13,000 are fairly recent. Probably safe to say those may be the
final figures and may not change all that much.
But that's a total guess on my part.
Thanks for the help
Steve