FPN Kook of the Day! (or "FPN Torture Tests")

Old April 7th 08, 05:12 AM posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
The Drunken Lord

Default FPN Kook of the Day! (or "FPN Torture Tests")

This is pretty good, about Noodler's Heart of Darkness:

begin quote
I've seen this with many of the Noodler's Eternal inks. The top layer
of the paper gets saturated, leaving some ink unbonded with the paper
sitting on top. It gets damp and smears, but the underlying mark will
never go away.

Seriously. Try writing on a piece of paper with HOD and then boiling
it for five minutes. Your writing will still be there clear as day,
and the water will be looking a bit gray from the ink that didn't
bond.
end quote

http://www.fountainpennetwork.com/fo...ic=51270&st=15

Boiling a piece of paper for 5 minutes? I wonder what his wife
thought of his doing this? He probably waited till she wasn't home or
she'd have thought he was some kind of a kook. But she probably
already knows he's a kook.

I like how he types, "Seriously", before he tells of boiling the ink.
Like we're getting serious now. Before now I was joking, but now it's
time to get serious.

On this particular thread, what was objectionable were all the posters
who just wrote that they wanted some of this ink. I enjoy reading
about the FPN torture tests.

I've got a bottle and it's an OK ink, but I prefer regular Noodler's
Black.
Old April 7th 08, 05:39 PM posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
Brian Ketterling

In ,
The Drunken Lord wrote:

Boiling a piece of paper for 5 minutes?

I think it was Splicer who was also putting Polar Black in the freezer to
see if it would really flow (and wasn't happy with the results). He's just
an amateur kook compared to Nathan Tardif himself, however, who boils his
Noodler's-inked paper in bleach and belts it with gamma rays to the point of
"'chemripama' (chemically induced reverse paper manufacture)". I love that
phrase, BTW -- I'm glad he doesn't just say "until it falls apart".

I wonder what his wife thought of his doing this?

Mmm... not as bad as furiously scrubbing a blue sink?

Brian

Old April 7th 08, 11:40 PM posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
The Drunken Lord

On Mon, 7 Apr 2008 12:39:50 -0400, "Brian Ketterling"
wrote:

In ,
The Drunken Lord wrote:

Boiling a piece of paper for 5 minutes?

I think it was Splicer who was also putting Polar Black in the freezer to
see if it would really flow (and wasn't happy with the results).

Splicer is the one boiling the paper for 5 minutes. He's OK by me,
but I wouldn't want to live next door to him, with all the chemistry
experiments he does in his kitchen.

He's just
an amateur kook compared to Nathan Tardif himself, however, who boils his
Noodler's-inked paper in bleach and belts it with gamma rays to the point of
"'chemripama' (chemically induced reverse paper manufacture)". I love that
phrase, BTW -- I'm glad he doesn't just say "until it falls apart".

Yeah, I know Nathan is a major kook, but as he's manufacturing that
stuff, you can see why he'd test it.

At least neither Nathan nor Splicer are idjits.

About the kookiest thing I've ever done is put Bombay Ink in a
fountain pen and put Astroglide personal lubricant in it to improve
the flow. And the pen has never clogged.

I wonder what his wife thought of his doing this?

Mmm... not as bad as furiously scrubbing a blue sink?

Probably not. And that clown had to scrub it clean before his wife
got home and saw it and jacked his ass up.