Does one really need "bullet proof" inks

Old April 5th 08, 08:14 PM posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
MatthewK

Default Does one really need "bullet proof" inks

* Bluesea wrote:

"MatthewK" wrote in message
* John B. Egger wrote:

How do your Platinum and Parker inks stand up when spilled or rained upon?

I haven't had any spills with them yet but my informal notecard under-the-faucet
test leave legible writing.

The stain from tea or coffee would be more annoying than anything else.
Girlygek(?) on fpn did a review of platinum blue-black you might like to
see.

Have you tried blotting, yet?

Yeah, it hasn't helped at home and it I'm unwilling to do it at school.

matthew
ohio

Old April 5th 08, 10:07 PM posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
The Drunken Lord

Damn, if you don't think you need bulletproof ink, don't buy any. As
far as I'm concerned, people like you should follow Nathan Tardif's
suggestion to go buy food coloring and mix it with water and use that
for ink.
Old April 5th 08, 11:58 PM posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
The Drunken Lord

On Sat, 5 Apr 2008 15:14:53 -0400, MatthewK
wrote:

* Bluesea wrote:

"MatthewK" wrote in message
* John B. Egger wrote:

How do your Platinum and Parker inks stand up when spilled or rained upon?

I haven't had any spills with them yet but my informal notecard under-the-faucet
test leave legible writing.

The stain from tea or coffee would be more annoying than anything else.
Girlygek(?) on fpn did a review of platinum blue-black you might like to
see.

Have you tried blotting, yet?

Yeah, it hasn't helped at home and it I'm unwilling to do it at school.

Yeah, blotting is for pussy boys and FPNers.
Old April 6th 08, 12:05 AM posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
The Drunken Lord

On Thu, 27 Mar 2008 19:03:10 -0400, MatthewK
wrote:

* Brian Ketterling wrote:

Maybe I just got a batch with way too much dye.

Do you shake the bottle before you fill? Due to Noodler's density and
seemingly complex mix, I think it may gradually separate.

Yeah, I shake noodlers before inking.

BTW, there are some "quick-dry" Noodler's and Private Reserve formulations.

Swisher has a mix I may try in the future.

I'd stick with regular Noodler's bought from Swisher--who has the
lowest price. I've got a few bottles of the Swishmix stuff and don't
feel ripped off--I'd love it if I were a lefty--but I don't recommend
it unless you have a need for a quick dry ink.

I highly recommend Baystate Blue, but put it in a chinese pen or a
cheap parker or sheaffer,and not any of your jewelry.

If it did stain any of your jewelry, then all I got to say about it,
dude, is that ink is supposed to stain. Go whine on FPN about it.
There are plenty of dumbasses there who will show you plenty of
sympathy. You and Sam can cry on each others shoulders.
Old April 7th 08, 09:07 AM posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
Bluesea[_3_]

"MatthewK" wrote in message
* Bluesea wrote:

How do your Platinum and Parker inks stand up when spilled or rained
upon?

I haven't had any spills with them yet but my informal notecard
under-the-faucet test leave legible writing.

The stain from tea or coffee would be more annoying than anything else.
Girlygek(?) on fpn did a review of platinum blue-black you might like to
see.

Thanks, I'll look for it if I'm in the market for another blue-black. I've
been using Noodler's Legal Lapis for my blue-black and I'm happy with it as
I am with the several other Noodler's inks I use.

Have you tried blotting, yet?

Yeah, it hasn't helped at home and it I'm unwilling to do it at school.

Yes, blotting is inconvenient and I do it only when I'm in a hurry, like
when finishing a letter in time to catch the mailman.

An optimal writing experience is a combination of pen, ink, and paper. You
need to experiment to find what works best for you. Since writing is such a
personally subjective experience, what works for others may not work for you
and vice versa. You can try different paper, but if other inks work fine for
you and you don't want to try different paper, then that particular ink
isn't for you. From my experience and from what I've read of others'
experience, fp inks work well with inkjet paper which is logical, all things
considered. I don't recall the same being said of laserjet paper so you
might just be using the wrong paper in general, that some of your inks
happen to do well on, but you can google this group to check.

Maybe you can find someone who's willing to trade an ink of their own that
you'd like to try.

If not, just shove it in the back of your drawer or cabinet and go on. Maybe
later, you'll get different paper and can try it again or you'll find
someone who wants it.

--
~~Bluesea~~
Spam is great in musubi, but not in email.