The next "Summer Swap" not that far off...

Old May 15th 06, 10:29 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins

Default The next "Summer Swap" not that far off...

Amistad wrote:
Howdy, friends!

With the pleasant experiences of coordinating last year's Summer Swap and
then the Holiday Swap under my belt, I am looking forward to participating
in another swap event in the not-so-distant future. I offer my services
once again to those in the group who desire to take part. And yes, I'm
willing to work for the same amount of remuneration that I received for
heading up the last two swaps. ;-)

You might want to begin perusing your numismatic goodies to set aside those
items that you think might need to go to a new home and a new owner. More
to come later...

Amistad
'swapping rocks!'

Old May 15th 06, 10:31 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins

Count me in again - Ken

Old May 15th 06, 10:42 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins

Friends, feel free to reply to this thread with whatever comment that you'd
like to offer. However, please know that this is not the thread in which
you become enrolled in the swap through your response here. That will come
later. (In fact, if we follow suit with what we did last year, enrollment
was held during the first couple of weeks of July...)

Amistad
'getting excited on this end, as well!'

Old May 16th 06, 02:39 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins

On 15 May 2006 06:53:04 -0700, "Chipper"
wrote:

Good Morning,
I know nothing about these swaps, but I want too !!!
Maybe I can put that odd item 2004 US Proof Quaters Set up for trade?

Am I on the right track?

You choose one or more of several swap categories, each of which has a
monetary value range. US $10, US $25, US$50; foreign $10, $25, $50;
potpourri $10, $25, $50 (could be US or foreign or medieval or
ancients, though if you don't collect or don't want foreign, don't
sign up for this category!). There is also a category (and it might be
the potpourri category) where people have given coin collecting
supplies (2x2s, loupes, etc) and even books. The idea is for the
Swapmaster (Amistad) to provide you with a swap partner who is trading
in the same category. If the swaps are even, between two partners, you
and your partner would swap with each other. We usually use the round
robbin form, where A sends to B who sends to C and etc.

You'll receive from Amistad some hints from your partners as to what
they like and dislike (some are very specific in their likes and
dislikes - though I personally think that spoils the surprise angle of
the swaps - but to each his own!). Once you have this information, go
on over to local shop or a coin show or dig out of your own collection
one or more items that roughly arrive at the value of the category
you're swapping in. Do NOT hesitate to "be generous" and give $25
worth of stuff in the $10 category. If you are unsure if you're giving
enough, feel free to add a few extra surprises. The recipient of $2 or
$3 worth of common miscellaneous items who was expecting a packet
worth $10 or $25 will almost certainly be miffed and may complain
publicly about it!

This is an exercise in "giving is better than receiving" -- it is
certainly more fun! Though it is also pretty cool to be on the
receiving end of a swap.

Once you have all your outgoing swaps collected up, wrap them well and
post them to your partners. Ideally, this should be done within about
a week or two at the MOST from the day Amistad sends you your
assignment. While emergencies happen, it is really uncool if you reneg
on your partners and send out nothing. This is also an exercise in the
honour system -- barring a serious life event, everyone who
participates is expected to come through.

Be advised that we are an international group. If you are at all
afraid to send valuables in the mails to oversea locations, please
advise Amistad on your swap form so he can arrange only US
destinations for you.

As far as mailing goes, padded envelopes usually do the trick.
Delivery confirmation or insurance if the items are valuable are not
bad ideas. If you have old stamps lying around, it might be more fun
to plaster your envelope with them, rather than use the extruded
sticker you get at the post office.

Padraic.

la cieurgeourea provoer mal trasfu
ast meiyoer ke 'l andrext ben trasfu.
Old May 16th 06, 07:38 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins

Ok ! I'm In... Notifiy me with the proper forms so I can prepare for
this event.
Be nice. It's my first time !!!
*Cherry*

Old May 16th 06, 11:15 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins

I though some other guy ran the previous swaps.... I forget his name
.... Leroy, Luther, .... oh well, something like that. Nonetheless, I
had a blast participating and look forward to this one.

Thanks Amistad!

KV

Old May 16th 06, 11:22 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins

"xnt023" wrote in message
oups.com...
I though some other guy ran the previous swaps.... I forget his name
... Leroy, Luther, .... oh well, something like that. Nonetheless, I
had a blast participating and look forward to this one.

Thanks Amistad!

KV

I meant to say " I louks forward to this one".

Old May 18th 06, 05:54 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins

I will be looking for the announcement to start. I havent done it
before but it sounds like fun. I have a few miscellaneous items that
don't really fit with my current interests but have some value
nonetheless.

Gary Loveless wrote:
On 16 May 2006 15:15:13 -0700, "xnt023" wrote:

I though some other guy ran the previous swaps.... I forget his name
... Leroy, Luther, .... oh well, something like that. Nonetheless, I
had a blast participating and look forward to this one.

Thanks Amistad!

KV

It used to be Bobby Shaw. But now our own Larry Louks does it!

Gary

Old May 19th 06, 05:07 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins

"Steve Ruud" carefully carved into the North side of the Sycamore tree:
...I'll put forward the motion to the RCC Compensation Committee
(the RCCCC for short) that your renumeration remain *exactly* the same
as you received for the previous two swaps!

Sorry to break it to ya, ol' chap. But your motion dies for lack of a
second.

picture an old man lost in pensive thought... suddenly he shouts aloud --
"Hey, there was no second! That might mean that some in the group are
contemplating some additional remittance for my numismatic labors!"

Amistad
'then again, maybe not'

Old May 20th 06, 12:07 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins

On Fri, 19 May 2006 16:07:25 GMT, "Amistad"
did carve unto the very living rock upon
which we now stand:

"Steve Ruud" carefully carved into the North side of the Sycamore tree:
...I'll put forward the motion to the RCC Compensation Committee
(the RCCCC for short) that your renumeration remain *exactly* the same
as you received for the previous two swaps!

Sorry to break it to ya, ol' chap. But your motion dies for lack of a
second.

picture an old man lost in pensive thought... suddenly he shouts aloud --
"Hey, there was no second! That might mean that some in the group are
contemplating some additional remittance for my numismatic labors!"

Amistad
'then again, maybe not'

Another member proposed doubling your renumeration, but surprisingly,
I don't think that one got a second either (though I should have
seconded it myself).

But who knows, the RCCCC works even more secretly than Opus Dei!

Steve
Buy the book before the coin
don't forget to *READ* the book after you've bought it!
It doesn't do anything just sitting on the shelf

(remove ATTITUDE to reply via e-mail)

It's more than you think:
http://www.premierpersonalization.com