Local 'graph - Channel 10's Don Slater

Old June 17th 07, 01:41 AM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
pe2[_4_]

Default Local 'graph - Channel 10's Don Slater

Tonight at the ball park (Norfolk), Ch. 10's weather anchor was giving away
free (and signing) nice 5x7 promo's. Not bad for a local freebie!

Channel 10 was also handing out the annual Hurricane awareness pamphlet as
well. First impression, Mr. Slater seems like a pretty nice fellow, but he
throws like a girl....LOL! He threw out the first pitch, and it didn't even
make it to the catcher. A 1 hopper I might add...LOL!

Happy Hunting-
pe2

Old June 18th 07, 03:35 PM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
Sue H

I'll be at a Tides game on the 30th, maybe I'll get something. Any
last tips for players? (like any on their way up to majors yet?)

Old June 18th 07, 09:16 PM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
pe2[_4_]

Sue-answer is no to your question.

That pretty much happens in the last week of August when you get the call
ups. Be sure to check your visting coaches; there may be some ex-major
leaguers on the team. The Tides; No coaches/mgr. are MLB'ers. Watch the
"transaction" column in the sports section-players constantly move up/down.

Also-If you have access to a Beckett check list book - go down the rosters,
pretty much all the current players have MLB trading cards. Just a hint-Many
WON'T sign IC's now, due to the major league backing/royalties. Plus-when I
was at the hat give away Saturday evening-numerous Tides came over and
signed for the kids. You need to be by the first base dugout. Dont forget
we are now affiliated with the Orioles.

I may have to attend that game, just so we can FINALLY cross paths. PLMK if
you're attending-a can go from there!

pe2

Old June 18th 07, 09:40 PM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
Sue H

Thanks; last time I went there was a major-leaguer there... but he's
back up with the majors after his recovery.

If I try for a sig, I'll probably just go for a signed program.

We'll be there with some people from the husband's office, but I am
not sure where exactly. They haven't given him the tickets yet. I'll
let you know when we find out.