Albums for other than US stamps

Old July 11th 11, 06:19 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Billns

Default Albums for other than US stamps

On 7/11/2011 7:32 AM, Sir F. A. Rien wrote:

I see no reason to "torture test" an inkjet page. I don't want to spill
anything on an album page no matter how it's printed.

Sorry, thought you'd be a little bit curious ...

G !!!

I already know that water drops on an inkjet page will cause smearing if
they land on a printed part of the page. No need to test this out. I
said I was careful. No food or drinks at either my computer desk or my
stamps table!

There's an all-in-one HP inkjet printer on sale at Costco right now for
$69.95 -- almost, but not quite, worth buying just to get the two print
cartridges. A tripack of two color and one black and white cartridges
for my inkjet goes for $89 from Amazon directly and for $47 from one of
Amazon's affiliates.

Bill
Old July 12th 11, 12:42 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
rod222

"Billns"
-- almost, but not quite, worth buying just to get the two print
cartridges.

be aware, printers are marketed to have you purchase ink at outrageous
prices.
buying a new printer is not an option in some cases, as the bundled
cartridges
have reduced quantities of ink, having you purchase new cartridges quicker.

Old July 12th 11, 04:18 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Billns

On 7/11/2011 4:42 PM, rod222 wrote:
"Billns"
-- almost, but not quite, worth buying just to get the two print
cartridges.

be aware, printers are marketed to have you purchase ink at outrageous
prices.
buying a new printer is not an option in some cases, as the bundled
cartridges
have reduced quantities of ink, having you purchase new cartridges quicker.

I know, I know. It's like the razor and razor blades, although the
latest five-blade Gillette razor itself is pretty expensive along with
the razor blades. The blades do last me a month, though.

Bill
Old July 12th 11, 05:40 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Billns

On 7/12/2011 8:36 AM, Sir F. A. Rien wrote:
found these unused words:

On 7/11/2011 7:32 AM, Sir F. A. Rien wrote:

I see no reason to "torture test" an inkjet page. I don't want to spill
anything on an album page no matter how it's printed.
Sorry, thought you'd be a little bit curious ...

G !!!

I already know that water drops on an inkjet page will cause smearing if
they land on a printed part of the page. No need to test this out. I
said I was careful. No food or drinks at either my computer desk or my
stamps table!

There's an all-in-one HP inkjet printer on sale at Costco right now for
$69.95 -- almost, but not quite, worth buying just to get the two print
cartridges.

HEH !!! Gillette razors strike again!

I already mentioned Gillette in another message.

A tripack of two color and one black and white cartridges
for my inkjet goes for $89 from Amazon directly and for $47 from one of
Amazon's affiliates.

How many pages does this 'pack' print?

Don't know, don't count. The color and black/white cartridges typically
last six months, but if I print out a lot of photos or my wife's quilt
group newsletter (at least ten pages every month) it may be less than
that. The tripack really doesn't work for me as I seem to use up both
cartridges at about the same time.

I buy my HP cartridges from either Staples or Costco, depending on who
has the best deal at the time.

BTW, be careful that the 'affiliates' aren't 're-loading'! some have claimed
that they are 'bulk lot' carts, but are actually reloaded!

Fair enough warning.

Bill
Old July 13th 11, 05:57 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Billns

On 7/13/2011 7:35 AM, Sir F. A. Rien wrote:
found these unused words:

[...]

If I guess 50 pages a month ... that's 300 pages per set - so ONE starter
set of toner carts would last you about 10 sets of carts [3000 pages]!

That's $470, more than enough for a colour laser complete with carts and
quite some additional to spare towards a set of replacement carts, those at
5,000 pages!

Will one toner cartridge really last five years or more?

that. The tripack really doesn't work for me as I seem to use up both
cartridges at about the same time.

See if there's a setting to use 'less black' when printing colour. Canon has
this, but ??? on yours.

Yes, there is, sort of. It's "print quality" and offers fast draft, fast
normal, normal, best, and maximum dpi. I use fast normal for most of my
printing, normal for letters and other documents, and best for
photographs. "Fast draft" is not a good setting. Besides the very light
gray output the printer spits out multipage documents onto the floor
with this setting!

You should be able to buy just a 'Black', perhaps in a two-pack!

Typically I buy a two-pack of each cartridge.

It may not happen with yours, but a friend has an HP inkjunk that 'reports'
the carts are empty [usually colour] when there's enough for about 20 pages!

She now knows how to 'reset' the printer and get full life. Yes, the final
print may be ruined, but ... it's just a sheet of paper lost - she's gained
the additional printed pages!

I'm well aware of this. I get a popup notification that the print level
is low, but I can keep printing for many more pages (again, I don't
count pages) until a page comes out with washed-out printing.

I buy my HP cartridges from either Staples or Costco, depending on who
has the best deal at the time.

Check on line - there are better deals with genuine HP carts. Both those
stores are quite high in our area.

Both stores offer specials often enough that the cost is comparable to
online prices.