I wonder if this is a joke or something.....

Old April 4th 04, 07:09 AM
Jeff Landon

Default I wonder if this is a joke or something.....

Old April 4th 04, 07:16 AM
Scot Kamins

In article ,
"Jeff Landon" wrote:

yob1322( 0 )
Feedback Sco 0 feedback reviews
Member since Mar-28-04 in United States

Date of listing: Mar-28-04

--
*** Collecting euros (for no apparent reason) ***
*** Assembling a U.S. type set (to decide what to specialize in) ***
Old April 4th 04, 07:46 AM
Phil DeMayo

"Jeff Landon" wrote:

More likely someone in dire need of a clue who thinks he's struck it rich.

++++++++++
Phil DeMayo - always here for my fellow Stooge
When bidding online always sit on your helmet
Just say NO to counterfeits
Old April 4th 04, 09:37 AM
Wheeler

Jeff Landon wrote:

we will see... i sent him an email asking for better pictures.... I
think he is trying to get an offer without paying ebay. We will see
what his response is IF I get one that is.
Wheeler. clock just updated, lost an hour between here and there.
Old April 4th 04, 01:17 PM
eXistenZ32

On 2004-04-04, Jeff Landon wrote:

I saw this guy too, that and his $50,000 silver dollar.

What is it that makes people think that if a coin, any coin, isnt
in circulation anymore, that its suddenly worth thousands.

--
______ ______
..-----.|__ ||__ | eXistenZ32
Old April 4th 04, 05:38 PM
Shystev99

What is it that makes people think that if a coin, any coin, isnt
in circulation anymore, that its suddenly worth thousands.

It's probably the attitude of finding stashed away say an old $1 coin that
might be a lotto ticket without spending the $1 to buy the ticket. Lotto
tickets play the odds you'll get a series of random numbers, Something like
this maybe plays the odds of buyer gullability.Sooner or later you'll probably
find a person dumb enough to pay for it.
I was flipping through my redbook when I first saw this thread and best I could
figure they have A 1924 S, But still that price listed although a year old is
still a lonnnnng way from $50,000. UNLESS that coin happens to grade NGC or
PCGS Proof 70. And by the looks of the photo, That coin looks a long way from
70.
lol
Steve
Old April 4th 04, 05:39 PM
Scot Kamins

Jeff Landon wrote:

What's the listing fee on $50,000?

Old April 4th 04, 10:30 PM
Ken Barr

In article , Scot Kamins
wrote:

Jeff Landon wrote:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...category=11 9
54

What's the listing fee on $50,000?

Normally $4.80, the maximum insertion fee for anything with a
starting bid (or reserve) of $500 or more ... but since the
seller listed it in two categories (Buffalo knickers AND Peace
dollers), so the fee is doubled to $9.60 ...

(That's not much considering the $49,999 upside over the true
value if the lot sells ...)

--
Ken Barr Numismatics
P. O. Box 32541 website:
Old April 5th 04, 04:08 AM
Wes Chormicle

$50,000 PLUS S&H....
If it were I, I'd toss in the S&H if I got a bid....
;-)

"Jeff Landon" wrote in message

---