A high price.

Old September 9th 06, 03:49 PM posted to uk.rec.collecting.coins,rec.collecting.coins
note.boy

Default A high price.

UK error coins don't usually go for this much, the other UK error coin and
Indian coin did well also.

I've thought for a long time that UK error coin prices were very low, maybe
they are on the up? Billy

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...m=270023990661

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...2700239 90748

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...270023990 722

Old September 9th 06, 03:54 PM posted to uk.rec.collecting.coins,rec.collecting.coins
Nick Knight

In , on 09/09/2006
at 02:49 PM, "note.boy" said:

UK error coins don't usually go for this much, the other UK error coin and
Indian coin did well also.

I've thought for a long time that UK error coin prices were very low, maybe
they are on the up? Billy

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...m=270023990661

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...2700239 90748

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...270023990 722

That first one, the double strike is cool. I wouldn't be interested enough
to pay what it's worth, but it's neat!

In viewing that one (I didn't get to the others yet), I found eBay
suggesting I might be interested in this:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...m=110009813719

I might have thought, at first, that AU $65 equates to about $2 US, but I
see a UK figure of 26.77. So this guy really wants $50US or so for this?
Yikes.

Off to look at the others ...

Nick
Old September 9th 06, 04:33 PM posted to uk.rec.collecting.coins,rec.collecting.coins
Alan Marshall

UK mistrikes a so much rarer than US ones, the cent is grossy overpriced,
where as the shilling I think was cheap.
Certinally the 2 brokages are about right, the indian one is very nice.

Alan Marshall

Old September 10th 06, 09:42 PM posted to uk.rec.collecting.coins,rec.collecting.coins
Tony Clayton

In a recent message "Alan Marshall" wrote:

UK mistrikes a so much rarer than US ones, the cent is grossy overpriced,
where as the shilling I think was cheap.
Certinally the 2 brokages are about right, the indian one is very nice.

All three error coins are delightful and well worth the money paid, IMHO.

Not that I personally would pay that much!

--
Tony Clayton
Coins of the UK :