Looking For 1955 Gold Coin For The Wife

Old July 6th 03, 11:33 PM
reknib

Default Looking For 1955 Gold Coin For The Wife

Seems my wife has taken an interest in my hobby. Good thing it is!!!!
She watched the US Mint show with me last week and has expressed an
interest in a birth year gold coin 1955, to be made into a necklace.
On our weekend trip to the NC Moutains, she bought herself a silver
walking Liberty half dollar necklace.
Can anyone feed me any info on gold coins maybe 1/10 OZ (I aint rich)
with a 1955 date. I have been told by one collector that there is a
1955 Mexican 2 peso coin that lists for about 50.00 to 75.00. Are
there any others that anyone else knows about?
Thanks in advance.
----------------------
Mickey W

----------------------
Old July 7th 03, 01:05 AM
Michael R

"reknib" wrote in message
Seems my wife has taken an interest in my hobby. Good thing it is!!!!
She watched the US Mint show with me last week and has expressed an
interest in a birth year gold coin 1955, to be made into a necklace.
On our weekend trip to the NC Moutains, she bought herself a silver
walking Liberty half dollar necklace.
Can anyone feed me any info on gold coins maybe 1/10 OZ (I aint rich)
with a 1955 date. I have been told by one collector that there is a
1955 Mexican 2 peso coin that lists for about 50.00 to 75.00. Are
there any others that anyone else knows about?
Thanks in advance.
----------------------
Mickey W

----------------------

If you do a search for "1955 gold" at ebay you will find this:

http://tinyurl.com/g66d

--
Michael A. Rae
ANA #173222

Old July 7th 03, 02:33 AM
A.Gent

Good trade!

(did I say that?)

Old July 8th 03, 03:23 AM
Ed Hendricks

"JOPN" wrote in message

(reknib)

wrote:

Seems my wife has taken an interest in my hobby. Good thing it is!!!!
She watched the US Mint show with me last week and has expressed an
interest in a birth year gold coin 1955, to be made into a necklace.
On our weekend trip to the NC Moutains, she bought herself a silver
walking Liberty half dollar necklace.
Can anyone feed me any info on gold coins maybe 1/10 OZ (I aint rich)
with a 1955 date. I have been told by one collector that there is a
1955 Mexican 2 peso coin that lists for about 50.00 to 75.00. Are
there any others that anyone else knows about?
Thanks in advance.
----------------------
Mickey W

----------------------

Hey, I'd go with the 5 peso Mexican - otherwise, divorce may be an
option. Worst thing that ever happened to me (bit exagerated) - about
a year ago - when my girl (at the time) wanted to "enjoy my hobby
with me".
Many dollars later - adios - least I still have the coins (Oh what
beauties - LOL).
John N

I agree. The 5 Peso Mexican coin is probably your best bet. It was
restruck in the millions with the 1955 date and is generally considered a
bullion coin selling at about 10% over melt. 1955 is a tough year for gold
coins. The only other one I can think of is the So. African 1/2 Pound and
Pound coins. They may be hard to find though, only 900 pieces were struck
in each denomination that year. However, IF you can find them they
shouldn't be extremely expensive based in the SCWC.

--
Ed Hendricks
ANA# R178621