New pennies and other coins delayed

Old February 11th 09, 11:36 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
mazorj

Default New pennies and other coins delayed

People are dumping their jars of pennies and other coins because of economic conditions. This is creating a "backwash" of coins at banks, so banks aren't ordering rolls of new coins. That's good news for those who search rolls of older coins, bad news for those who are waiting for rolls of new issues to hit their banks.

http://coins.about.com/b/2009/02/05/...ayed..htm?nl=1

Old February 11th 09, 03:14 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Arizona Coin Collector

"mazorj" wrote in message

People are dumping their jars of pennies and other coins because of economic
conditions. This is creating a "backwash" of coins at banks, so banks
aren't ordering rolls of new coins. That's good news for those who search
rolls of older coins, bad news for those who are waiting for rolls of new
issues to hit their banks.

http://coins.about.com/b/2009/02/05/...layed.htm?nl=1

I am one who see's a penny on the ground and pick it up. I go through
a lot of worn pennies these days. For me every penny counts.

Old February 11th 09, 03:26 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Roßert G. Schaffrath

Arizona Coin Collector wrote:
"mazorj" wrote in message

People are dumping their jars of pennies and other coins because of economic
conditions. This is creating a "backwash" of coins at banks, so banks
aren't ordering rolls of new coins. That's good news for those who search
rolls of older coins, bad news for those who are waiting for rolls of new
issues to hit their banks.

http://coins.about.com/b/2009/02/05/...layed.htm?nl=1

I am one who see's a penny on the ground and pick it up. I go through
a lot of worn pennies these days. For me every penny counts.

Guilty as charged. While I do have a huge stash of wrapped pennies, I
spend what I get in change and only throw them in a jar when they
accumulate faster than I can spend them.

Some day I have to unwrap them, sort the copper from the zinc and
re-wrap them.