Stamp issues '05, '06, '07

Old October 5th 08, 02:07 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Ralphael1

Default Stamp issues '05, '06, '07

My latest idle time projsct was to see what countries had the most
stamp issues for 2005, 2006 and 2007.
The list also contained the countries with the highest catalog value
for those years.
My criteria was just regular issue stamps, no varieties or postal
stationary. In order to keep my list short I had to place a minimum of
110 stamps and a Scott catalog value of $275.00
Here is what it all boils down to:
2005, 4 countries with more than 110 stamps: Australia 136, Mexico
114, Cuba 112 and France 111.
2 countries with more than $275 CV: Gambia $389.30 and Grenada $394.45
2006, 4 countries with more than 110 stamps: Australia 143, Romania
132, France 119 and Ecuador 113.
3 countries with more than $275 CV: France $359.65, Liberia $317.50
and Togo $300.95
2007, 4 countries with more than 110 issues: Australia 184, Cuba 127,
Great Britain 117 and France 114.
4 countries with more than $275 CV: Peru $398.05, Japan $377.65,
France $312.71 and Great Britain $280.70
Australia wins the finger award for having the most stamps cranked out
three years in a row. ($694.95 total CV for the three years)
All the countries in the high CV list also win the finger award.
It certainly takes the thrill out of collecting new issues
OK you purists, go ahead and rip this apart. I have braod shoulders,
CRS and a cast iron dispositon.

Ralphael, the OLD one

Old October 5th 08, 05:18 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Victor Manta

"Ralphael1" wrote in message
[...]

This is a great work you made, Raplh, with very interesting results! I
suppose that you used the Scott catalogue to compile the list.

I wanted to know how it looks like when compared with another source, so I
took UPU's WNS:
http://www.wnsstamps.ch

Here some results, that refer only to the number of stamps. Your results are
between (brackets)

AUSTRALIA
=========

2005 : 86 (136)
2006: 245 (!) (143)
2007 : 100 (184)

2006
====

Romania: 132 (132)
France : 135 (119)
Ecuador : 160 (113)

A figure that astonished me was this one: 2007 "Peru $398.05". What happened
in 2007 with the Peruvian issues, why are they so expensive?

--
Victor Manta

Philatelic Webmasters Organization: http://pwmo.org/
Art on Stamps: http://artonstamps.org/
Romania by Stamps: http://marci-postale.com/

Old October 5th 08, 11:37 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Ralphael1

---------------------------------------------------------------------------*-
Philatelic Webmasters Organization:http://pwmo.org/
Art on Stamps:http://artonstamps.org/
Romania by Stamps:http://marci-postale.com/
Communism on Stamps:http://reds-on.postalstamps.biz/
Spanish North Africa:http://www.sna-on.postalstamps.biz/

In all fairness Victor I must admit I stole the information from
Scott.

RtOo
Old October 5th 08, 11:53 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Ralphael1

"Ralphael1" wrote in message

[...]

I don't like the wns site, they don't consider Joint Issues a topic
and their data bank is not very big.
Here some results, that refer only to the number of stamps. Your results are
between (brackets)

AUSTRALIA
=========

2005 : 86 (136)
2006: 245 (!) (143)
2007 : 100 *(184)

2006
====

Romania: 132 (132)
France : 135 *(119)
Ecuador : 160 *(113)

A figure that astonished me was this one: 2007 "Peru $398.05". What happened
in 2007 with the Peruvian issues, why are they so expensive?

More stamps mean more money. On 2005 Peru issued 22 stamps at $107.30,
2006 58 stamps at $274.25 and in 2007 73 stamps at $398.05
I did not get into face values because I would have had to convert
country money to US money. Too much work.
--
Victor Manta