If your pen writes too dry

Old December 24th 05, 11:11 PM posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils

Default If your pen writes too dry

Do this. Get a 3cc veterinary syringe and fill it with a cc or so of
Ivory or Ajax dish detergent. Drop 1 or 2 tiny drops of the detergent
into one bottle of ink, standard 57 ml/cc size. If you like a really
wet pen like I do, add up to 5 drops. In my experience almost any ink
will write sweeter with at least 2 drops extra detergent. DO NOT add
the detergent directly from the detergent bottle, or you will get too
much into your ink, and the ink will be ruined (it will feather like
crazy ***).

I hope no one thinks I'm some sort of a know-it-all, or anything. I'm
just trying to add some useful info to the archives of this group,
which has really helped me over the years in trying to decide what pens
to try. I especially miss Frank Dubiel, who would often answer quite
esoteric questions on pen lore. Even at his most opinionated, what a
mine of info he was!

Old December 26th 05, 12:25 AM posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils

Virgiliopenta wrote:
I especially miss Frank Dubiel, who would often answer quite
esoteric questions on pen lore. Even at his most opinionated, what a
mine of info he was!

Given the fact that he drove off a lot of newbies with his arrogant nature,
I don't miss him at all. The information he dispensed was available from
other in a much more friendly mode.

William

Old December 26th 05, 05:28 AM posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils

"William Bruce" writes:

Given the fact that he drove off a lot of newbies with his arrogant
nature, I don't miss him at all. The information he dispensed was
available from other in a much more friendly mode.

I don't know how many newbies he drove off, but his contributions were
one of the reasons I stuck around this newsgroup as a newbie. He had
a breadth of knowledge about pens that I don't think was matched by
anyone I've ever communicated with. There are those who have more
detailed knowledge about some specific topics, but overall he was Da
Man with Da Book. I do miss him- the amount of conversation in this
newsgroup is a fraction of what it was when he was alive.
Old December 26th 05, 05:13 PM posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils

"Tim McNamara" wrote in message
"William Bruce" writes:

Given the fact that he drove off a lot of newbies with his arrogant
nature, I don't miss him at all. The information he dispensed was
available from other in a much more friendly mode.

I don't know how many newbies he drove off, but his contributions were
one of the reasons I stuck around this newsgroup as a newbie. He had
a breadth of knowledge about pens that I don't think was matched by
anyone I've ever communicated with. There are those who have more
detailed knowledge about some specific topics, but overall he was Da
Man with Da Book. I do miss him- the amount of conversation in this
newsgroup is a fraction of what it was when he was alive.

I'm always amused that the reference to his product is "book." It's spiral
bound and less than a quarter inch thick. I think "booklet" or "report"
would be more accurate.